Autotools: a guide to Autoconf, Automake, Libtool

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
disciple

Autotools: a guide to Autoconf, Automake, Libtool

#1 Post by disciple »

This looks like a great online "book" on using the gnu autotools, which should be useful for people working on projects in c, c++ or similar:
Autotools: a practitioner's guide to Autoconf, Automake and Libtool
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

sikpuppy

Re: Autotools: a guide to Autoconf, Automake, Libtool

#2 Post by sikpuppy »

disciple wrote:This looks like a great online "book" on using the gnu autotools, which should be useful for people working on projects in c, c++ or similar:
Autotools: a practitioner's guide to Autoconf, Automake and Libtool
I am having a look now. Heaps easier to use as an end user than CMake IMHO, but perhaps CMake is easier to develop for those using QT.
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

Hi there sikpuppy,
I've noticed that you often reply to posts very soon after they are posted, basically to say "I'm going to look at this". You might like to consider waiting a day or so before making a post that won't add much to the conversation, so that other people who watch the list of unanswered posts have a better chance of seeing the thread.

Anyway, hope that link was useful :)

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

I used that book back when I was converting Retrovol into using autotools last spring, and again in September (October?) when I added i18n support (the book didn't cover that, but it helped me remember how the autotools stuff worked since I hadn't dealt with it in months). My headaches probably would have been more painful without it.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sikpuppy

#5 Post by sikpuppy »

disciple wrote:Hi there sikpuppy,
I've noticed that you often reply to posts very soon after they are posted, basically to say "I'm going to look at this".
That's probably the first time I have posted in that way outside of OT threads. I take your point about constructive posting however.
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

disciple

#6 Post by disciple »

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER