Thai

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
straypup

Thai

#1 Post by straypup »

Is there any attempt to localize a Thai language pup? SUTinPUP was a very good start but too much was cut out and the iso no longer seems available. Thai pup was also available at one time , but is now done. I am currently using SCIM (thanks to all who got it working0 but prefer a more complete system localized as in SUT. Anyone know any links ?
Many Thanks stray

Subito Piano

#2 Post by Subito Piano »

Hope you're still there!
Try ThaiPuppy at SoftPedia
Also, PuppyLinux for Developer has Thai language support.
My daughter is interested in getting a good Thai OS for acquaintances -- please let me know if you like either of these and which is best. Thanks!

Subito Piano

#3 Post by Subito Piano »

Also these links (i don't read the language):
SUTinRAM1
download SUTinRAM (i think!)
index of SUTinRAM pages/links, screenshots. etc...

straypup

Thanks

#4 Post by straypup »

Thanks for the leads. D/L and tried them. ThaiPuppy burned as Dingo-(this happened with the original also)- and wasn't Thai ready. The developer version I could not find a link for. SUTinRAM is a full translation but is crippled in various ways. Your best bet -and what I currently do for my wife- is to use SCIM Bridge method from the 41 Languages link. Fonts can be found at Thai Unicode Fonts site (just Google) Thai modfon version seems to work well on my system. Have gotten it to work in 2.16,3.02, 4.1.2, and 4.4 so I know it works wellWould prefer a full versio though as my XYL is Thai and I do this for her.
Good luck and thanks again stray :D

Subito Piano

#5 Post by Subito Piano »

Thanks for the tips, straypup. These are people learning English so idk how much localization they will need -- and i haven't even TRIED looking into setting up their keyboard locale!!

IF you get your Thai Puppy working fairly well, perhaps you would want to consider making it into a remaster and put it on the forums?

straypup

#6 Post by straypup »

HI. Glad to see you are doing a project helping others. For natuve Thai speakers, I would start with SUTinRAM as it has been well translated (no English involved) For learning, SCIM would be better although it isn' translated, it is more flexable. Once it is installed, a list of keyboards appears on Task Bar. If the fonts package is there, you need only to choose Thai keyboard. To make things easier, there are clear stickers available for your keys that provide visual compatability. No farther comfiguration need. SCIM plus stickers should get your group going nicely. Hope I have been of a little help.

stray :roll:

straypup

Progress

#7 Post by straypup »

Have just installed SCIM (SCIM-bridge method) Thai unicode fonts, and the latest version of Firefox Thai version on 4.21 Final All seem to be working well. Wish you luck in your endeavors. Sorry, but I know nothing about creating and uploading an iso, but it is very easy to install Scim from .pet packages. Firefox you must download and install online. Good luck
stray

prach

#8 Post by prach »

Can i put thai fonts to puppy office version ?