sfs files

Booting, installing, newbie
tjohnson_nb

sfs files

#1 Post by tjohnson_nb »

I am trying out puppy linux for the first time and I have downloaded a kdelibs-3.5.10-i686_431.sfs file and placed it in /mnt/home (on my USB key) and added it to boot manager to load at startup. When I restart I don't see the new programs anywhere on the menu, am I doing something wrong?

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Hmm not sure but I think that package is libs to run kde applications so nothing will appear in the menu.
Check in /initrd and one of the pup_ro(n) folders...the sfs should be mounted there.
Or run ,ount in a terminal and see if it is lested

mike

tjohnson_nb

#3 Post by tjohnson_nb »

mikeb wrote:Hmm not sure but I think that package is libs to run kde applications so nothing will appear in the menu.
Check in /initrd and one of the pup_ro(n) folders...the sfs should be mounted there.
Or run ,ount in a terminal and see if it is lested

mike
Hi Mike,

It says the sfs is mounted all right. I am trying to run the k3b application on puppy and I thought this library could do that but I am used to debian and using apt-get and I can't understand how to install anything in puppy.

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Hmm did it come from here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 35&t=49275

if so I would question on there.
I had k3b running but I used and earlier package for koffice and another for the kde desktop...perhaps this package is incomplete as someone else seemed to be having problems with it.

by the way when it does work its quite good as there is the absense of piles of background processes in puppy.

mike

tjohnson_nb

#5 Post by tjohnson_nb »

mikeb wrote:Hmm did it come from here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 35&t=49275

if so I would question on there.
I had k3b running but I used and earlier package for koffice and another for the kde desktop...perhaps this package is incomplete as someone else seemed to be having problems with it.

by the way when it does work its quite good as there is the absense of piles of background processes in puppy.

mike
Thanks, I posted over there :)