Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 May 2018, 07:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Puppy+
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb 2006, 10:37    Post subject:  Puppy+  

Puppy+
http://www.puppylinux.com/news.htm

Comments? Cool

kethd

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb 2006, 11:44    Post subject:  

Quote:
Feb 9

So, what's with "puppy+"? Nothing much. I want to differentiate my own Puppy creations from the official Puppy release. For now, whatever I release is the official Puppy, but in the future there may be a community-managed official, or reference Puppy, and my own development version will be separate but will feed into the official release. Rather like the relationship between Sylpheed and Sylpheed-Claws perhaps.

This sounds like a good infrastructure concept for the long term -- but I am confused about what it means on a practical level in the short run.

(Just recently, some of the main Puppy websites were down for a while, which freaks me out. My highest infrastructure priority is that the most important vulnerable major assets that we are building together -- the Forum and the Wiki -- be able to survive anything that COULD happen -- total server/host wipeout, owner heart attack, etc.)
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb 2006, 13:15    Post subject:  

kethd wrote:

This sounds like a good infrastructure concept for the long term -- but I am confused about what it means on a practical level in the short run.

Confusion is my natural state . . .
Barry wants to be a Puppy Developer and not carry everything - which is quite a responsibility. So he is moving towards less responsibility, enabling him to travel (one plan) and still develop via laptop . . .

So Puppy is becoming a community led distro with Barry as our main developer. We are also attracting some new developer blood. Woof woof. Barry also remains benevolent dictator for life - top dog.

kethd wrote:

(Just recently, some of the main Puppy websites were down for a while, which freaks me out. My highest infrastructure priority is that the most important vulnerable major assets that we are building together -- the Forum and the Wiki -- be able to survive anything that COULD happen -- total server/host wipeout, owner heart attack, etc.)

m m m I may try and mirror the Puppy wiki - so we have an on line back up. The thing is I am also using Servage (like Barry). Interestingly they mirror their sites in several secure locations so it might still be a possibility. I am just wary of me (I am not yet into my first week of using a remote server).

tmxxine.com

It might also be possible for me to mirror the forum. Not sure how to go about that . . . Give me a couple of months and I may figure it out.

Let me see about mirroring the wiki - will get back on that one.
I will need some sort of auto script - will check out the wikka site Smile
Foundation cyber meeting tomorrow - be there. Smile

The motto of Linux is "take loads, put a little back" or is that open source?
I think the Mycrysoft motto is "take loads - and then some"

BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb 2006, 22:43    Post subject:  

kethd wrote:
Quote:
Feb 9

So, what's with "puppy+"? Nothing much. I want to differentiate my own Puppy creations from the official Puppy release. For now, whatever I release is the official Puppy, but in the future there may be a community-managed official, or reference Puppy, and my own development version will be separate but will feed into the official release. Rather like the relationship between Sylpheed and Sylpheed-Claws perhaps.

It doesn't mean anything in the short term!
I was just trying to plan ahead.
flavour

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 06:07    Post subject:  

I like this thinking ahead...if the community can mobilise to support this, then this seems ideal to me Smile
A core puppy which has a different release process - public repository, roadmap, bug tracker, etc
Barry working on the cool stuff that keeps Puppy ahead of the competition Wink

F
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to: