Pwidgets - plugins & widgets storage

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
01micko

#41 Post by 01micko »

Nic2109

Pwidgets wiki needs to be updated. I maintain it so will find time over Christmas season to do so.

Many widgets in this thread are only good for pwidgets less than version 2.2.x The individuals who created them need to update them, me included. Version 2.2.x saw a major reshuffle of the data flow to allow for using on a multiuser system, but still works running as root.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

nic2109

#42 Post by nic2109 »

01micko wrote:Nic2109

Pwidgets wiki needs to be updated. I maintain it so will find time over Christmas season to do so.

Many widgets in this thread are only good for pwidgets less than version 2.2.x The individuals who created them need to update them, me included. Version 2.2.x saw a major reshuffle of the data flow to allow for using on a multiuser system, but still works running as root.

Cheers
Thanks.

You don't happen to know the answer to my actual question do you? I still haven't found out (nor have I worked out) how to actually get to use a newly downloaded widget.

I rather expected the .pet to have done it for us and stored it in the proper place to make it appear in the 'Available widgets' panel. Is that not possible?

If that's not how it works, then clear instructions will be needed in your wiki update! And it will also be helpful (if possible) to list each widget against the correct version if their operation is version specific.

Sorry about all that. I know it's really easy for people like me to expect volunteers like you to "just do" something that is in fact a load of work, so please accept our thanks for what you do.
[color=darkblue][b][size=150]Nick[/size][/b][/color]