Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Nov 2014, 05:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
NDISWRAPPER in Puppy - PERL and Vim also working good :-)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
JohnMurga
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 11 May 2005, 01:59    Post_subject:  NDISWRAPPER in Puppy - PERL and Vim also working good :-)  

Hey

My 900k Perl package seems to run all of the scripts I threw at it.

INCLUDING - NdisWrapper Smile

Now, NdisWrapper doesn't like the default Puppy "cp", so I did have to edit the script to use "cp-FULL", but after that it works like a dream Wink

The modified version can be found on this message.

The 250k Vim and and 900k Perl can be found here :

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=53

NOTE - Vim cannot be extracted directly to /usr as it conflicts with the existing executable, please rename it to "vim" or something Wink

Cheers
JohnM
Marv

PostPosted: Wed 11 May 2005, 08:57    Post_subject: Thanks for Perljavascript:emoticon(':D')  

It's very useful to be able to set up ndiswrapper directly in puppy now. I had been using DSL 1.0.1 to set up the ndiswrapper and copying it across but this is much better. Running a NAT box with a foxconn (RT2500 chipset) wireless board and a Realtek 8100 eth0 on a 1.01 multisession puppy. Slick and sturdy!

Thanks again. Very Happy
figueroa

PostPosted: Wed 11 May 2005, 09:26    Post_subject: Re: NDISWRAPPER in Puppy - PERL and Vim also working good :-  

JohnMurga wrote:

The 250k Vim and and 900k Perl can be found here :

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=53

NOTE - Vim cannot be extracted directly to /usr as it conflicts with the existing executable, please rename it to "vim" or something Wink

Cheers
JohnM

VIM is indeed working. Thank you very much. VIM complains that it can't find a terminal type "LInux" at startup. The cure for that is to change the line in /etc/profile that sets TERM=linux to TERM=ansi. That doesn't seem to affect anything else. As usual, your mileage may vary Wink

After extracting to a directory, before copying the files to the system, I changed the executable name to vim and redid the symlinks to point to vim instead of vi. I didn't want to clobber the vi built into BusyBox just on principle. In the default system, vi is a symlink in /bin that points to BusyBox. If you deleted that symlink, you could install directly from the new vim archive.

Well done, John.

Paul

PostPosted: Tue 17 May 2005, 06:34    Post_subject: Where is VIM and PERL?  

I followed that link but couldn't find the downloads for VIM or PERL? Am I looking in the wrong place?
figueroa

PostPosted: Tue 17 May 2005, 08:50    Post_subject: Re: Where is VIM and PERL?  

Paul wrote:
I followed that link but couldn't find the downloads for VIM or PERL? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Try again. It works. Perl is an attachment with the first message and VIM with the second message.

danleff

PostPosted: Mon 30 May 2005, 17:51    Post_subject:  

John,

Your files worked finer for me! I have ndiswrapper up on your version, as well as the Mozilla version of 1.0.2.

I plan to add to my wiki page at some point, for reference. I would link to my own web page for the actual article. Is it OK if I reference your files in my how-to?

Or, if all prefer, I can do it all in wilki. I just don't know how many pages one can have on their personal wiki. I'm pretty new at wiki!

--Hannibal Smith
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum