Superpuppy! (And how to specify boot CD drive.)

Booting, installing, newbie

Superpuppy! (And how to specify boot CD drive.)

#1 Post by Guest »

After a tad of tweaking* I now have puppy booting from Hard disk (in approx 40seconds - at least 1/2 minute quicker than windows98 on my Pentium 200MMX 48Mb 4.3Gb HD) with ICEWM desktop and sound is now working. It rocks! :D

I gonna be trying to get broadband working over a wireless link shortly - wish me luck!

Chris L

*The install hd script needed to read directly from cd but my (old and decrepit - it's a 2x max) cd writer which puppy recognised as the first cd drive wouldn't read the puppy cd. I solved it by unplugging the cd writer and so my other drive was bumped up to being first. Perhaps the script could let you specify a location for the file? No biggy but did have me stumped for a while.

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: Superpuppy!

#2 Post by BarryK »

Anonymous wrote:*The install hd script needed to read directly from cd but my (old and decrepit - it's a 2x max) cd writer which puppy recognised as the first cd drive wouldn't read the puppy cd. I solved it by unplugging the cd writer and so my other drive was bumped up to being first. Perhaps the script could let you specify a location for the file? No biggy but did have me stumped for a while.
Probably if you can the CD Wizard first and chose what /dev/cdrom points to, that would fix it ...I think.