Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 18:02
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
CUPS won't communicate with network printer
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
rgershey

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2006, 13:45    Post_subject:  CUPS won't communicate with network printer  

Using info from the CUPS printing thread in the Cutting Edge forum I finally have the ability to print from Puppy (Yay!). I was succesful in getting a Canon BJ20 to work on the parallel port. (with CUPS, ghostscript, a driver from LinuxPrinting.org and foomatic filters, whew!)

However, I have not been able to get a printer on the network to work with CUPS. I've installed a second printer in CUPS which is a shared HP Deskjet on a Windows machine (using the port lpr://192.168.0.148/HP610C). I can access this Windows machine with RemoteDesktop and mount its shared drives in Puppy with LinNeigbourhood Client (LinNieghbourhood also sees the HP printer at the above address when querying the machine).

When I attempt to print through CUPS it stalls and CUPS reports that it is "Attempting to connect to host...". Am I missing some step that allows CUPS to communicate with a network machine? As I said, CUPS works fine with a printer on the parallel port and Puppy is happy to communicate with the windows machine via Samba.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum