easymp3gain

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
aragon

easymp3gain

#1 Post by aragon »

Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/easymp3gain/
Version: 0.5.0-2
Graphical User Interface (GUI) for MP3Gain, VorbisGain and AACGain (enables you to modify the loudness level of mp3,ogg,mp4 files) / Frontend for MP3Gain
Packaged and tested in Puppy 4.31.

You'll need at least mp3gain.

the gain-tools are all compiled in Dingo (4.00). I've only tested mp3gain because i've only mp3-files.

cheers
aragon
Attachments
mp3gain-1.4.6.pet
(42.56 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times
vorbisgain-0.34.pet
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 1054 times
Last edited by aragon on Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

bugman

#2 Post by bugman »

thanks!

:D

weffy

#3 Post by weffy »

I also thank you. Seems to work great. Puppy 4.1.2.

DaveS

#4 Post by DaveS »

Aragon, I cant thank you enough for this. I have been looking for such a utility for years. Just dumped in my music collection and went off for a coffee. Result...... perfect. Even the notoriously distant 'Brothers in Arms' now has great volume. Its the kind of utility one does not use often, but is indispensable just the same. Seems rock solid too.................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

aragon

#5 Post by aragon »

DaveS wrote:Its the kind of utility one does not use often
:shock: only on every f***ing album

but yes, a wonderful tool... :D

aragon

DaveS

#6 Post by DaveS »

aragon wrote:
DaveS wrote:Its the kind of utility one does not use often
:shock: only on every f***ing album

but yes, a wonderful tool... :D

aragon
LOL........... must be three years since I added any music to my collection. Dont know what the heck I have been doing with my time......... :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Is this program supposed to "normalize" the audio levels of mp3 files? I could really use that. :)

I installed easymp3gain and mp3gain. The GUI opens and seems to do things, but I can't figure out how to use it. :? Where does it put the mp3 files after it operates on them?

aragon

#8 Post by aragon »

Flash wrote:Is this program supposed to "normalize" the audio levels of mp3 files? I could really use that. :)
flash,

in short yes. but please look here for a better explanation of what mp3gain (the mp3-backend) does: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/faq.php
a more general explanation could be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_Gain
I installed easymp3gain and mp3gain. The GUI opens and seems to do things, but I can't figure out how to use it. :?
you go from left to right
1. Add files/folders
2. Analyse (magnifier): choose track for single tracks/album for albums => don't mix
3. gain (gear): apply track/album gain, the "target volume" will be applied (or best to target without clipping).
Where does it put the mp3 files after it operates on them?
it changes the values lossless without reencoding so the files will be "the same"...

hope that helps.

bugman

#9 Post by bugman »

note:

i remember it would ignore files named *.MP3 or *.Mp3 when batch-normalizing

non-standard filenames were problematic too, if i remember correctly - african files [french diacriticals], especially ethiopiques [really weird letters], drove me to distraction

also, mp1 and mp2 files didn't get done

i have a very chaotic collection [mostly reggae, you can guess why] and i've had the occasional headache, though i blame rasta, not aragon

8)

DaveS

#10 Post by DaveS »

Last ripped my collection about four years ago. Can you imagine how things have changed? Shoot, my player now has 8G solid state storage instead of 1G. SO. Started again. Just ripped Blue Streak at max poss bitrate and normalised with easymp3gain. What a difference!
Oh man, what a mammoth job in front of me. Just setting up album art and tags alone fills me with dread.
All I need to do is work harder to track down the one album I miss from my collection.... Skin Tight, Ohio Players. Not exactly everyones cup of grog, but at 3.00 am on a sleepless night....................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

bugman

#11 Post by bugman »

DaveS wrote:All I need to do is work harder to track down the one album I miss from my collection.... Skin Tight, Ohio Players. Not exactly everyones cup of grog, but at 3.00 am on a sleepless night....................
check your pms

8)

DaveS

#12 Post by DaveS »

Thanks. Chose to accept the mission. Original message will self destruct in 10secs
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

DaveS

#13 Post by DaveS »

bugman wrote:
DaveS wrote:All I need to do is work harder to track down the one album I miss from my collection.... Skin Tight, Ohio Players. Not exactly everyones cup of grog, but at 3.00 am on a sleepless night....................
check your pms

Mission accomplished thanks............ just waiting for a 'sleepless night' :)

8)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

bugman

#14 Post by bugman »

jive turkey, huh, any 70s 'retro' tv show or movie that doesn't use that expression is missing the boat

of course, saying it with a straight face is the ultimate test of one's acting skills . . .

DaveS

#15 Post by DaveS »

bugman wrote:jive turkey, huh, any 70s 'retro' tv show or movie that doesn't use that expression is missing the boat

of course, saying it with a straight face is the ultimate test of one's acting skills . . .
Try singing along with a glass of 'Wild Turkey' in your hand :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

DaveS

#16 Post by DaveS »

Can anyone point me to a hopefully Puppy sized/friendly program that I can use to add album art please? Seems to be beyond pmetatagger
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

aragon

#17 Post by aragon »

@Dave
on linux i use eaystag to tag my collection (with pics). there are some packages around in the forum.
bugman wrote: though i blame rasta, not aragon
puuuuh, thanks a lot :wink:

aragon

DaveS

#18 Post by DaveS »

Hmmmmm getting the odd file corruption with this. Wag The Dog/Dire Straits for example. Increasing Volume causes loud clicks at random times. Only problem track I have identified so far, so may be related to some other issue. testing this stuff fully takes ages :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

aragon

#19 Post by aragon »

DaveS wrote:Hmmmmm getting the odd file corruption with this. Wag The Dog/Dire Straits for example. Increasing Volume causes loud clicks at random times. Only problem track I have identified so far, so may be related to some other issue. testing this stuff fully takes ages :)
afterwards it's fast and easy. your problem could be clipping or a 'destroyed' file.
what does clip show for your track after analyzing?

aragon

bugman

#20 Post by bugman »

DaveS wrote:Hmmmmm getting the odd file corruption with this. Wag The Dog/Dire Straits for example. Increasing Volume causes loud clicks at random times. Only problem track I have identified so far, so may be related to some other issue. testing this stuff fully takes ages :)
i have never had that problem, and that's with around 15-20 thousand files run through

as far as i know the only change is made to 'header' data, not the audio part

aragon, is that correct?

so it is probably an artifact that was in there before?

[EDIT] just realized you'd increased volume, yeah, clipping, that might could do it [sorry for the lapse into texan]