Pup001 file deletion; booting live CD faster

Booting, installing, newbie
kkpixkk

Pup001 file deletion; booting live CD faster

#1 Post by kkpixkk »

I am using the current Puppy Live CD. If, sometime in the future, I no longer want to use Puppy Linux, if I just permanently delete the Pup001 file, will there then be nothing of Puppy left on my computer?
I can't see this happening because Puppy Linux finally is the live distro that I can figure out (because I am not of the computer generation), that works quickly, perfectly on my P3 600, 256 megs, cable internet computer. Thanks.

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

If that's the only puppy thing that you have put in your hdd, that's the only thing that will be there. Puppy does not store anything else by itself in any other partition.

If you mount an existing partition within puppy and you save things there, they won't be gone when you install puppy. But really, if you mount other partitions you already know that, isn't it?

In my case I also use the liveCD but I always copy the usr_dev.sfs file in the same location as my pup001 file. That speeds up the boot time considerably.

kkpixkk

#3 Post by kkpixkk »

Thanks Rarsa. I am in Toronto. On my computer, once Puppy installs to ram, and with the Pup001 file always updating, as I make changes, on my "C" drive, it runs as quickly as my Win98 SE.