Trouble installing IceWM recently.

Please post any bugs you have found
Rhino

Trouble installing IceWM recently.

#1 Post by Rhino »

I have installed IceWM before and had no difficulty at all by using the DotPup file. However, recently I have been able to d/l the dotpup file, but then it cannot seem to d/l IceWM (ERROR downloading IceWM...IceWM is NOT installed). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

i uploaded an icewm installer for Puppy 0.9.9 in a file called GuestToo-icewm-full-installer-099-2.zip

that was before there were any dotpups

then i made a dotpup that downloaded that file and unzipped it and ran it

but it isn't there anymore

i could upload the file again and make a new dotpup that downloads it from the new location

it would probably be better to make a new pup with the icewm files inside it, and with the latest menu and config files

Rhino

#3 Post by Rhino »

OK, I thought maybe I was doing something incorrectly. Might as well wait and see the menu changes with the new version of puppy coming out soon. Thanks!

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#4 Post by nduanetesh »

I just registered on the new forum specifically to post on this topic, and here someone's already mentioned it! I really love IceWM, and not being able to have it on my main computer is making me crazy!! Thanks, Guest Too for your efforts in making the .pup. Keep us posted as to when it's working again.
ND

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#5 Post by Lobster »

:?

Do not panic guys . . .
the DotPups are in the process of being moved to a new directory (they were attachments with simple forum)

Most of the DotPups are working OK from their new directory - one not working is Ice-WM
the other one is xfishtanks (wot no fish?)

I have changed the links here to the new directory . . .
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/DotPups
so if anyone can find any others not working . . . please let us know . . .

Also the UserContributed dotpups on the wikki I could not alter the page (GuestToo is rightly keeping a strong safety line with what is stored here - who can edit the wiki and so on)

Thanks everyone Ice_Wm will return :)

#6 Post by Guest »

Thanks, it all works perfectly now!!!