Solid background color won't store

Using applications, configuring, problems
howard

Solid background color won't store

#1 Post by howard »

I have been using succeding versions of Puppy Live and am now up to 1.01. Back a few versions, I changed from the default background wallpaper to a solid color, and this setting was stored [in the pup0001 file, I guess].
Recently I changed the background to another solid color and it lasted for the entire session. However, when I booted up again, the background color reverted to the previous one.
Anyone know why?
Thanks.
Howard

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

You did say what Window manager you are using. In my experience the background color settings did not necessarily stay between reboots unless I set them in fvwm95.

howard

Background color setting won't store...

#3 Post by howard »

Bruce B wrote: You did say what Window manager you are using. In my experience the background color settings did not necessarily stay between reboots unless I set them in fvwm95.
Thanks, Bruce. I am in fact using fvwm95; I'm not smart enough to use anything but the default window manager. The problem with not being able to store the last background color setting we can chalk off to a corrupt pup001 file, which was originally created using an earlier version of Puppy. I blew away the old pup001 and let Puppy 1.0.1 build a new one. I have since changed the background color six times, and the last one I choose stores no problem.
Regards,
Howard