Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 20:14
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Script to rip DVD straight to AVI: Letitrip
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
technosaurus

PostPosted: Fri 02 Apr 2010, 13:45    Post_subject:  

The latest stable version is included in 44 pre alpha, however shinobar has started developing his own frontend with internationalization support (ffconvert http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=54056) I am planning to provide patches and upgrades to his work, rather than maintain a separate project. What is the opposit of a fork? ... no we are not spooning!
Roy

PostPosted: Fri 02 Apr 2010, 14:00    Post_subject:  

Thanks, guys. As scripting and such is all above my head, I can only be grateful for your hard work which you have chosen to share. And it really is appreciated.

steve_s, you are certainly NOT a forum jerk in my mind, but your search results illustrate my point nicely. If I select the search result which specifically deals with technosaurus' woo-ff multimedia converter (mentioned earlier in this thread):
Quote:
Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Woo-FF Video Converter
I download those that interest me and use Woo-ff to convert them to portable format so I can watch them in spare moments. ...
www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=398963&sid... - Cached

I am directed to this forum's sign on page, followed by a message to the effect that the thread does not exist. *sigh*

-Roy

EDIT: Ahhh, if I select the 'Cached' result, it shows up! (Well, the second page of a two page thread.) Not too sure I understand that, but it is a different issue altogether. Thanks, steve_s!
technosaurus

PostPosted: Fri 02 Apr 2010, 16:18    Post_subject:  

the thread has been deleted... don't know why or by who... maybe because it is too close to woof?

I was in the middle of a code cleanup rewrite - here is my current "unstable" version - there may be some regressions though as I have not had time to finish it
woo-ff.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  woo-ff.gz 
Filesize  4.12 KB 
Downloaded  763 Time(s) 

Roy

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr 2010, 04:42    Post_subject:  

Thanks, technosaurus.

Assuming I set this to executable and replace current /usr/bin/woo-ff (?) file, ... oh, wait -- it is a .gz which will install like a .pet, right?

Anyway, I'll figure it out and test it later this week. Multi-platform .avi's are my main target as I don't have an iPod or other fancy gear to test with.

-Roy
steve_s

PostPosted: Wed 31 Oct 2012, 20:43    Post_subject:  

Thanks to dejan technosaurus and roy for the feedback! Love that about this forum: start a thread and there is so much knowledge here that I go back to the the same thread to try and see how to do subtitles..great job folks!
steve_s

PostPosted: Thu 01 Nov 2012, 09:30    Post_subject:  

Something else to note: the one I just ran had the incorrect audio on it although, with dejan's advice, I had used -sid 0 as an option and it ripped great with subtitles except for the wrong audio.

Found this.

So, when trying to figure out which video to select, I usually run something like this:
Code:

mplayer -vo x11 -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://1

and change the dvd:// track number until I know I am playing the correct track. So, if "1" didn't work, then
Code:

mplayer -vo x11 -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://2

and so on till I get the right one (the -vo or video output mode is optional as I select that 'cause of the video card I am using right now).

Then adjust my mencoder script accordingly.

But now, I'll run something like this, per that website's suggestion, to determine the correct audio as well:
Code:

mplayer -vo x11 -aid 129 -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://1

then adjust the mencoder script as needed. Cool
steve_s

PostPosted: Thu 01 Nov 2012, 09:32    Post_subject:  

technosaurus wrote:
the thread has been deleted... don't know why or by who... maybe because it is too close to woof?

I was in the middle of a code cleanup rewrite - here is my current "unstable" version - there may be some regressions though as I have not had time to finish it

Thanks for posting this, technosaurus; I was looking for woo-ff the other day and had issues with finding it, so thanks!

Quote:

What is the opposit of a fork? ... no we are not spooning!

...and that made me laugh Very Happy
steve_s

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:05    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Double pass mencoder script

Here is the double pass mencoder script I ran yesterday. Alternate script i like:
Code:

#!/bin/bash
chapter=1

mname=casa-de-mi-padre

mencoder dvd://$chapter -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1 -aid 128 -sid 0 -oac copy -o /dev/null
mencoder dvd://$chapter -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=1000 -aid 128 -sid 0 -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -o /mnt/sda1/Movies-Video/$mname.avi

Makes a nice, clean xvid movie, sid option for subtitles if you need 'em.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum