HowTo get rid of gtkDialog title bar`s 3 control buttons?

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
sunburnt

HowTo get rid of gtkDialog title bar`s 3 control buttons?

#1 Post by sunburnt »

How do you get rid of the 3 buttons on right of the window`s title bar?
I tried these items with no luck:

Code: Select all

<window no_buttons=\"true\">
<window no_buttons=\"false\">
<window controls=\"false\">
The GUI still works, the items above just have no effect.
" decorated=\"false\" " removes the entire window title bar and frame, so you can`t position it.

technosaurus

#2 Post by technosaurus »

I'm not sure how to do it directly with gtkdialog, but you can set up groups in jwm and define it as "notitle" ... if you still want the title, you can use an hbox formatted however you'd like
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

sunburnt

#3 Post by sunburnt »

Thanks technosaurus; I need the title bar so the user can position it on the screen.
DriveMan is so small that the 3 buttons take up almost all of the title bar`s space.
All the bottom buttons for Rox, mount, settings etc. are now on a popup menu.

Zigbert pointed me to using a TreeBox for a popup menu, but it has 2 problems.
The popup menu and the DriveMan GUI are both in 1 script, clicking DriveMan gets the menu.
But the menu can`t refresh the TableBox on the DriveMan GUI.
It seems that one gtkDialog GUI cannot interact with another one even if they`re in the same script.

The other problem is the TreeBox has a big blank space at the left of the entries.
It was not like this, and now it`s this way and I can`t figure out why it`s doing it.
Attachments
000_DM_menu.png
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 565 times