[WANTED] VLC latest stable version + support for all formats

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
mikeb

#21 Post by mikeb »

As mentioned I do not believe the problem lies with ffmpeg/avcodec but with vlc. I have posted to ttuuxxx but I assume he is busy at the moment with his other projects and christmas trees.

The version I use was tested on puppy 4 some time ago.(4.00 ?) so may work on the latest.....you may wish to try it, as on puppy 2 it plays theora ok and has avcodec compiled in.....its just comes as an tar.gz archive to drop in but you could test out running with pfix=ram.

mike

abushcrafter

#22 Post by abushcrafter »

mikeb wrote:I have posted to ttuuxxx but I assume he is busy at the moment with his other projects and christmas trees.
I soar your post thanks.
mikeb wrote: The version I use was tested on puppy 4 some time ago.(4.00 ?) so may work on the latest.....you may wish to try it, as on puppy 2 it plays theora ok and has avcodec compiled in.....its just comes as an tar.gz archive to drop in but you could test out running with pfix=ram.

mike
Where is this version....

mikeb

#23 Post by mikeb »

Ok just the files...no menu entry and such......
http://indogo.org/data/vlc-0.8.6c.tgz

dependencies...but you should have them anyway...
http://indogo.org/data/vlc_dependancies.tar.gz

mike

abushcrafter

#24 Post by abushcrafter »

I have been looking at the latest version and been trying to compile it but I have got stuck. It needs a new version of gcc. This is important as it fixes a bug with the x264 codec. Can someone who knows there stuff. Please compile the latest version of vlc with my flags also can they disable (maybe) any feature that is not in puppy like Hal (well I think it's not?) but not bother with any extra striping. Any way I don't care/mind about size.

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-run-as-root --enable-tarkin --enable-theora --enable-dirac --enable-faad --enable-real --enable-realrtsp --enable-flac --enable-tremor --enable-svg --enable-snapshot --enable-mozilla