Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 21 Nov 2014, 12:51
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Solid background color won't store
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
howard

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun 2005, 23:01    Post_subject:  Solid background color won't store  

I have been using succeding versions of Puppy Live and am now up to 1.01. Back a few versions, I changed from the default background wallpaper to a solid color, and this setting was stored [in the pup0001 file, I guess].
Recently I changed the background to another solid color and it lasted for the entire session. However, when I booted up again, the background color reverted to the previous one.
Anyone know why?
Thanks.
Howard
Bruce B

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jun 2005, 11:24    Post_subject:  

You did say what Window manager you are using. In my experience the background color settings did not necessarily stay between reboots unless I set them in fvwm95.
howard

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jun 2005, 18:18    Post_subject: Background color setting won't store...  

Bruce B wrote:
You did say what Window manager you are using. In my experience the background color settings did not necessarily stay between reboots unless I set them in fvwm95.

Thanks, Bruce. I am in fact using fvwm95; I'm not smart enough to use anything but the default window manager. The problem with not being able to store the last background color setting we can chalk off to a corrupt pup001 file, which was originally created using an earlier version of Puppy. I blew away the old pup001 and let Puppy 1.0.1 build a new one. I have since changed the background color six times, and the last one I choose stores no problem.
Regards,
Howard
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum