How to use Dell Studio 1535 wireless?

For drivers and kernel modules.
Koick

How to use Dell Studio 1535 wireless?

#1 Post by Koick »

Hi I am new to Puppy Linux and I would appreciate any input (Help) in getting my wireless device to function with Puppy Linux. Note that the Network "Xautoconnect to wireless network" or the " Pwireless wireless scanner" does not function with my Systems Wireless Device. The "Xautoconnect to wireless network" shell scripts states that the Wireless Interface could not be found and it requests a driver to be installed. So at this point, I began the research process and discovered the following system information concerning my wireless device:

14e4:4315 --> Dell Studio 1535 4312 card with possibly the 14e4:4315 chipset

Now as noted I have tried to do some research but I thought that before I continued I would check here to find out if someone has had the same problem and if there are any suggestion or existing ways to solve my system wireless device problem with Puppy Linux 4.31.

Note that at this point, I would appreciate any suggestion or ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks for your help
Darrel...
:? :? :?

abushcrafter

#2 Post by abushcrafter »

I think dell studio laptops use a broadcom wireless which I think has a proprietary driver or was it that there is no Linux native driver or some other problem in Linux :??

tempestuous

#3 Post by tempestuous »

"Special Puppy431 for broadcom 4312 wifi cards"
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=50570