Launchy: QT4-based keystroke launcher

Miscellaneous tools
muggins

Launchy: QT4-based keystroke launcher

#1 Post by muggins »

http://www.launchy.net/
Launchy is a free windows and linux utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager.

Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes!
Needs qt4-4.3.2.pet installed.

Run via Menu>Utility>Launchy, or use the default keystrokes Control+SpaceBar

Then, start to type the name, of the app you want, then highlight it in the list, then press enter to start the app.

N.B. Configuration file is in /root/.launchy
Last edited by muggins on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 04:43, edited 3 times in total.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Whoops...needs some configuration b4 I re-upload.

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

I've re-uploaded it, and it works with Seamonkey, Seahaven, mtpaint,fotoxx & gimp. If anyone finds any progs it has problems with, please let me know & i'll try & rejig the source...hopefully.

Mat

Google search via Weby doesn't work

#4 Post by Mat »

Many thanks for your work and this upload, muggins!

I use Launchy frequently on windows systems and it is a really great tool. I now have installed your .pet on puppy 4.3.1.

Unfortunately the very handy plug-in weby doesn't seem to work. When I use: "google <tab> search words" Launchy doesn't open the browser and starts the google search. This is a really convenient feature and to be honest the one I use the most. None of the other search machine patterns (YouTube,...) work.

Does this Launchy feature work for you? The other plug-ins Runner and Calcy work fine. Of course I can use Launcy to open applications like Rox and so on.

If you got some spare time left, thank you very much for your reply.

Greetings,
\mat

seaside

Re: Google search via Weby doesn't work

#5 Post by seaside »

Mat wrote:
Unfortunately the very handy plug-in weby doesn't seem to work. When I use: "google <tab> search words" Launchy doesn't open the browser and starts the google search. This is a really convenient feature and to be honest the one I use the most. None of the other search machine patterns (YouTube,...) work.

Mat,

I'm fairly sure the problem is with the "opener" code. Puppy uses "defaultbrowser" to open URLs and the Launchy linux code uses "xdg-open", which isn't exactly compatible.

You could try my workaround here -

http://cid-a3cf84e23b41f496.skydrive.li ... E_i386.pet

Start puppy with "pfix=ram" and then install this Launchy pet, so as not to disturb your save file. If it works then that's it, if not ....it's something else. :D

Cheers,
s

Mat

Re: Google search via Weby doesn't work

#6 Post by Mat »

seaside wrote: I'm fairly sure the problem is with the "opener" code. Puppy uses "defaultbrowser" to open URLs and the Launchy linux code uses "xdg-open", which isn't exactly compatible.

You could try my workaround here -

http://cid-a3cf84e23b41f496.skydrive.li ... E_i386.pet
That does the trick! Fantastic, many thanks for your effort!

The only minor thing not working right now is opening folders in a file manager using launchy. Quite useful, but I can live with that.

So again, thanks for this pet and your work, Seaside,
\mat