Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Dec 2014, 13:31
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
How to write in Bulgarian and easy switch to US (RESOLVED)
Moderators: Lobster, MU, raffy
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
tometo

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2007, 17:39    Post subject:  How to write in Bulgarian and easy switch to US (RESOLVED)  

Dear friends,

I'm looking for some help make my keyboard write in Bulgarian. I already translated the menu in Bulgarian (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=7165), localized Abiword, Firefox... I tryed many methods like changing xorg.conf file, installing all the UTF8 pupgets, looking for information from all kinds of Puppy and Linux forums and... nothing for now... Sad

Please, if you can give me some advice...

Maybe I should try to install KDE... I don't know...

Last edited by tometo on Sat 06 Jan 2007, 15:21; edited 1 time in total
MU

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jan 2007, 02:52    Post subject:  

From your Menu-screenshot I saw, that you use kyrillic chars?

In leafpad, right-click -> input methods -> kyrillic

Does that work maybe?

Screenshot:

Mark
Dougal

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jan 2007, 11:13    Post subject:  

Have you tried changing the keyboard layout?
If you use Xorg, you can have more than one layout and switch between them with some key-combination. (if you're using Puppy 2.13 you should find my Xkb configuration utility in the "keyboard" part of the Xorgwizard. For older versions you'll have to search the forum for a dotpup I made).

However, this might not be enough. If MU's solution doesn't work, you might need to add fonts.

I tried changing my locale to en_US.utf8 and switched my keyboard to type in Hebrew -- using the Bitstream-Vera unicode fonts -- and it didn't work.
Only after installing special Hebrew fonts could I manage to type in Hebrew -- so maybe you need to add special Cyrillic fonts.

But I think it's your mind
New Puppy Fan

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan 2007, 02:54    Post subject: Re: How to write in Bulgarian and easy switch to US  

tometo wrote:
Dear friends,

I'm looking for some help make my keyboard write in Bulgarian. I already translated the menu in Bulgarian (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=7165), localized Abiword, Firefox... I tryed many methods like changing xorg.conf file, installing all the UTF8 pupgets, looking for information from all kinds of Puppy and Linux forums and... nothing for now... Sad

Run Mouse/Keyboard Setup Wizard, go to Advanced Xorg keyboard, go to configuration Layouts, select Bulgarian (bg), confirm OK. Then go to Options Settings, select Group Shift/Lock behaviour, choose which keys you want to switch your layouts (for example: grp:ctrl_shift_toggle), confirm OK. Then go to Use keyboard LED to show alternative group, choose ¨grp_led:scroll (for example). Confirm Yes and OK and you are done. Now you can try to press ctrl+shift keys to activate your layout. Alternatively, you can try Cyrillic using Russian language (RU). I did all that in Puppy 2.13. It works just fine: "Желаю успехов!¨
tometo

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan 2007, 19:37    Post subject: Re: How to write in Bulgarian and easy switch to US  

New Puppy Fan wrote:

Run Mouse/Keyboard Setup Wizard, go to Advanced Xorg keyboard, go to configuration Layouts, select Bulgarian (bg), confirm OK. Then go to Options Settings, select Group Shift/Lock behaviour, choose which keys you want to switch your layouts (for example: grp:ctrl_shift_toggle), confirm OK. Then go to Use keyboard LED to show alternative group, choose ¨grp_led:scroll (for example). Confirm Yes and OK and you are done. Now you can try to press ctrl+shift keys to activate your layout. Alternatively, you can try Cyrillic using Russian language (RU). I did all that in Puppy 2.13. It works just fine: "Желаю успехов!¨

VENSEREMOS! EVRIKA! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Урррраааааа! That's great!!!
God bless MU, Dougal, New Puppy Fan, Australia, Russia and of course Barry Kauler.

Now I'll make my own Bulgarian Puppy!!! And I'll translate all the icons. And I'll write in the biggest Bulgarian Linux Forum, and Puppy will go up in distrowatch.com...

Thanks guys. One more time. Thank you very much. Puppy is great. I'm so happy.

P.S. The succes came from New Puppy Fan's instructions. Extra font is not needed.
barbaros_akkurt

PostPosted: Mon 22 Mar 2010, 10:52    Post subject: not working on my case
Subject description: Turkish

Dear sirs,

I am happy that the Bulgarian friend has get his problem to be solved, but it still persists for me. The problem is that I cannot get past the "gtkdialog", I mean, the button next to "Advanced Xorg keyboard configuration" does not work.

What should I have to do? Shall I install some packages to improve my standard 4.3.1 version (I only burned the 4.3.1 iso package to a CD)?

Second problem involves the first one (selecting alternate variant like Turkish Q and Turkish F) and if I can help from you about this, the second will be fairly easy to solve.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

BA
barbaros_akkurt

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr 2010, 04:44    Post subject: SOLVED
Subject description: Solution given in another forum page

Please see the solution at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=407863#407863
drspastic

PostPosted: Thu 29 Apr 2010, 15:50    Post subject:  

hi i posted this in another forum, so i wont do it again. here's the link.
xfirebg

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug 2011, 14:54    Post subject: Re: How to write in Bulgarian and easy switch to US  

New Puppy Fan wrote:
tometo wrote:
Dear friends,

Thanks! Благодаря! Smile
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Jump to: