Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Oct 2014, 15:08
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
IHU: QT3-based VOIP communication program
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Mon 12 Apr 2010, 23:07    Post_subject:  

Thanks, tubby. (Your report would be even more useful if you'd mentioned which libraries were missing and how you installed them.) Smile

After installing the ihu, jack, speex and qt-3.3.8 dotpets, I clicked on the new ihu entry in the Internet section of the Menu. Nothing happened. Thinking quickly (usually I freeze at the controls when something doesn't work,) I entered ihu in a console -- and the ihu GUI sprang to life (after a message saying there was no ihu config file in /root/somethingorother.) Is there an IP address I could feed it, to see if it at least does something?

I've saved those 4 dotpets in a folder I named IHU VOIP. It only takes a few seconds to install them all, so I won't save their installation on my multisession DVD just yet. I want to get ihu working first. For one thing, I get entirely different IP addresses depending on whether I run ifconfig or use whoami. Which IP address do I send someone so they can enter it into ihu if they want to talk to me?

tubby

PostPosted: Tue 13 Apr 2010, 03:34    Post_subject: IHU  

Sorry Flash i didn`t think about posting the missing libraries as i expected them to show up if as you did, run the program from terminal. Here are the ones needed for my install, libsoundtouch1c2_1.3.1, libqt3-mt_3.3.8b, as posted i used some debian ones i had on another computer. After installing these the program opened from the internet pull down.
The config file is created when you config the program, Options/general/ add a name in the my name box and save it, quit the program and restart and the nag should have gone.
As i was on a local network all i had to do was put the address of the other computer in the dial box and press connect, on the receiving computer press answer and i was connected.
For internet dialing i think a free account with DYDNS would be prudent for stability and possibly security.
Hope this helps.
tubby

PostPosted: Tue 13 Apr 2010, 03:57    Post_subject:  

Now i have taken an interest in voip and sip, i have downloaded and compiled FreeSWITCH from http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Main_Page it is a different beast IHU but it does have an awful lot of support and documentation about codec configuration.
Off to play now.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Mon 03 May 2010, 23:55    Post_subject:  

I'm trying out Quirky 021. I installed the four files from the OP of this thread and then clicked on Ihu in the internet menu. Nothing happened. I opened urxvt and entered ihu. Again nothing happened, except for this error message:
Quote:
# ihu
ihu: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What do I do now? Is a library missing? Where would I find it? I looked in Puppy's package manager but found precious few libraries listed there.
muggins

PostPosted: Tue 04 May 2010, 07:35    Post_subject:  

Flash,

because the qt3, in puppy repository, was compiled against openGL libraries, you need to also install openGL. Or, if you see the note I've added to the first post, you can instead uninstall the IHU version you've installed, & try the static version of IHU.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Tue 04 May 2010, 09:45    Post_subject:  

Thanks, Muggins. I found the (14 MB!) Mesa opengl dotpet in (the Utility section of) Quirky's package manager and installed it. Now Ihu opens from the Internet section of Puppy's menu. Smile

However, the static version of Ihu (linked to in the OP) is much smaller than 14 MB, I might rather use it.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum