IHU: QT3-based VOIP communication program

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#21 Post by Flash »

Thanks, Muggins. I found the (14 MB!) Mesa opengl dotpet in (the Utility section of) Quirky's package manager and installed it. Now Ihu opens from the Internet section of Puppy's menu. :)

However, the static version of Ihu (linked to in the OP) is much smaller than 14 MB, I might rather use it.

goingnuts

#22 Post by goingnuts »

Did you ever get this working aside from calling on a local network?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#23 Post by Flash »

If you're asking me, I don't remember. That was 5 years ago.

goingnuts

#24 Post by goingnuts »

Thanks - although "old" it still looks good: Encrypted voip using only ip-address as "phone-number". Could become handy if it works (and maybe recoded to another GUI-toolkit...)

OscarTalks

#25 Post by OscarTalks »

The static jobby appears to run OK in several Pups. Just stick the icon in /usr/share/pixmaps and make a .desktop file and you can make a .pet and have menu entry and window/tray icons. Obviously you would need to set up your router and firewall for incoming connections as it is all peer-to-peer and without having other users or a second internet connection to hand at the moment I am unable to test calling over the internet.
Uploaded (maybe only temporarily) as "ihu-telephony-0.6.0-i386.pet" to:-
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks
Oscar in England

goingnuts

#26 Post by goingnuts »

OK - thanks a lot. So one has to forward port 1793 in router to local ip - in both ends. Limit the use a bit as you do not always have access to router settings.
Otherwise a really useful application.