FFConvert - multimedia converter

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
DaveS

#21 Post by DaveS »

smokey01 wrote:What would be the required settings for an Omnia i900 smart phone.

The screen resolution is 240x400

I am trying to convert from .MOV file to MPEG4

Thanks
My guess would be set up the same as in the screenshot but with 240x400 screen size?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

technosaurus

#22 Post by technosaurus »

with woo-ff (in stardust) there is a width option (I haven't provided a patch for ffconvert yet) - you just have to set the width to your screen width and it will keep the original aspect ratio of the MOV (no stretching or squishing)
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

smokey01

#23 Post by smokey01 »

Thanks

shinobar

Special options

#24 Post by shinobar »

For special resolutions not found at the selection, you can type it - for example, '240x180'.
Any options on ffconvert can be rewrited by hand. Or you can add advanced options.
New settings can be saved as a new preset.

soliver

#25 Post by soliver »

Hello shinobar

Thanks for the app and all the hard typing. It's doing a great job and helping me much.

Here is the german .po and the german .mo

Hope the translation is good enough and you can use it.

I changed ffplay to gxine because ffplay modifies the brightness of my display which is down by default. I have xinelib 1.28 with a modified real lib (so the "old ones" can be played like Barry mentioned and support for theora).

Thanks again and take care

Greets
Attachments
german-translation.jpg
german-translation
(19.96 KiB) Downloaded 3765 times
german-translation.tar.bz2
german-.po/.mo
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 1224 times

abushcrafter

#26 Post by abushcrafter »

soliver wrote:I have xinelib 1.28 with a modified real lib (so the "old ones" can be played like Barry mentioned and support for theora).
Tell me more please. Any links to info?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#27 Post by Flash »

I'm trying out Quirky 021, which comes with FFConvert in the Multimedia section. I'd like to use FFConvert to change the resolution of mp3 files from 192 kbps (or whatever) stereo, to 32 kbps mono, but I can't see any way to do it.

DaveS

Re: FFConvert-0.6

#28 Post by DaveS »

shinobar wrote:I have implemented preset feature thanks to Technosaurus.

FFConvert-0.6.pet from here.
Ha Ha........ monica_bellucci_sexy.mp4?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

soliver

#29 Post by soliver »

abushcrafter wrote:
No links, sorry. I took the source of xinelib 1.28 and the source of the 1.1.8 and just copied the code of the real-media to 1.28 and compiled it. Now I can play the .ram files of the test site:
http://puppylinux.com/test/media-test-video/
and
http://service.real.com/realplayer/test/ (28k and 56k files)

without "Barry: Playing a RealMedia video on my laptop, sound is jumbled,..."

If it helps and you have a 1.28 lib, I'll post the files with ...real.so. Don't know if it works, or you need more.
If you want I can send the complete libs (~1.5 MB).

Flash wrote:
I'm trying out Quirky 021, which comes with FFConvert in the Multimedia section. I'd like to use FFConvert to change the resolution of mp3 files from 192 kbps (or whatever) stereo, to 32 kbps mono, but I can't see any way to do it.
Just go to the preset MP3 (mono), choose your file and output directory and type 32 in the bitrate:(kbps) area. For me this is working.

Greets
Attachments
real.tar.bz2
real.so
(16.13 KiB) Downloaded 1187 times

abushcrafter

#30 Post by abushcrafter »

soliver wrote:
abushcrafter wrote:
No links, sorry.
No need to apologize. It was only if the info already existed, so you would not need to retype any thing.
soliver wrote:
abushcrafter wrote:
I took the source of xinelib 1.28 and the source of the 1.1.8 and just copied the code of the real-media to 1.28 and compiled it. Now I can play the .ram files of the test site:
http://puppylinux.com/test/media-test-video/
and
http://service.real.com/realplayer/test/ (28k and 56k files)

without "Barry: Playing a RealMedia video on my laptop, sound is jumbled,..."

If it helps and you have a 1.28 lib, I'll post the files with ...real.so. Don't know if it works, or you need more.
If you want I can send the complete libs (~1.5 MB).
Thanks, I think.... So now Xine/GXine in Puppy 431 with your real lib one can play real video/audio properly? Didn't know that was a problem.

My main interest was on what you did to get Theora video working. Which I know in Puppy 431 does not work.

soliver

theora

#31 Post by soliver »

Hello abushcrafter

I'm using puppy 4.12, so don't know if real-media is working properly in 4.31. What I can say is, when you make xinelib 1.28 in 4.12 you'll get a crappy sound with low bitrates (test an the url above).

If you want theora, you'll have to download and compile the source from the website http://theora.org/downloads/ with the dependencies (libogg, libvorbis and SDL). Now you can make the xinelib and/or ffmpeg with theora. That's what I did and it's working. I'm using ucview for my webcam and saving the vids with theora. Most of the time no problems :) , sometimes it's hanging :?

Greets

abushcrafter

Re: theora

#32 Post by abushcrafter »

soliver wrote:Hello abushcrafter

I'm using puppy 4.12, so don't know if real-media is working properly in 4.31. What I can say is, when you make xinelib 1.28 in 4.12 you'll get a crappy sound with low bitrates (test an the url above).

If you want theora, you'll have to download and compile the source from the website http://theora.org/downloads/ with the dependencies (libogg, libvorbis and SDL). Now you can make the xinelib and/or ffmpeg with theora. That's what I did and it's working. I'm using ucview for my webcam and saving the vids with theora. Most of the time no problems :) , sometimes it's hanging :?

Greets
I already have those libs. I guess I will have to compile xine or ffmpeg. Which version should I go for?

soliver

#33 Post by soliver »

Hi abushcrafter
I already have those libs. I guess I will have to compile xine or ffmpeg. Which version should I go for?
I think I'm not the one to tell you that, because of a "rookie-status". I'll try to explain what I did and hope it helps you, but be careful :roll:

I took ffmpeg source 0.5.1 and xinelib 1.28. Have some extras like new lame, speex, mad, musepack, wavpack, sndfile, replaygain... and then compiled it. Sounds easy, but wasn't. If you only need theora and you have compiled the libs, just try

ffmpeg:
use the one from shinobar

and

xinelib:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=i486-t2-linux-gnu --enable-ipv6 --disable-gnomevfs --disable-samba --enable-modplug --enable-antialiasing --with-sdl --with-wavpack --with-vorbis --with-theora --with-external-ffmpeg --with-freetype --with-fontconfig

(as a part of my ./configure lines)
Now xine/gxine can play theora and ffmpeg from shinobar can convert it / play it with ffplay.

Greets

abushcrafter

#34 Post by abushcrafter »

soliver wrote:Hi abushcrafter
I think I'm not the one to tell you that, because of a "rookie-status". I'll try to explain what I did and hope it helps you, but be careful :roll:

I took ffmpeg source 0.5.1 and xinelib 1.28. Have some extras like new lame, speex, mad, musepack, wavpack, sndfile, replaygain... and then compiled it. Sounds easy, but wasn't. If you only need theora and you have compiled the libs, just try

ffmpeg:
use the one from shinobar

and

xinelib:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=i486-t2-linux-gnu --enable-ipv6 --disable-gnomevfs --disable-samba --enable-modplug --enable-antialiasing --with-sdl --with-wavpack --with-vorbis --with-theora --with-external-ffmpeg --with-freetype --with-fontconfig

(as a part of my ./configure lines)
Now xine/gxine can play theora and ffmpeg from shinobar can convert it / play it with ffplay.

Greets
Thank you. I will give that a go when I have the time.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#35 Post by Flash »

soliver wrote:
Flash wrote:
Just go to the preset MP3 (mono), choose your file and output directory and type 32 in the bitrate:(kbps) area.
It won't work. Here are the FFConvert settings I used, and the result. :(

Also, I can't see any way to tell FFConvert to convert the whole CD full of mp3 files. It only allows me to do them one at a time, which will take forever as there can be several hundred mp3 files on a mp3 book CD.
Attachments
FFConvert settings.jpg
(80.47 KiB) Downloaded 2403 times
FFConvert results.png
(10.91 KiB) Downloaded 2339 times

dweez

convert directory

#36 Post by dweez »

Hello Flash

to convert whole directory try this:

- go to directory and open terminal
- type/paste
for f in *.mp3;do ffmpeg -i "$f" -y -f mp3 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -ar 22050 /root/My-Music/"$f";done
- wait :roll:

You can change the output directory and/or the input filetype.
Can someone integrate this in ffconvert?

Hope this works

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#37 Post by Flash »

Thanks, dweez. I'll try it tonight, I hope. :)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#38 Post by Flash »

It didn't work. :(

It almost did. (In Quirky 1.0) I created a directory in /tmp called Dallas,/Whiter to hold the converted mp3 files, mounted the mp3 CD, opened a terminal in the CD directory, pasted the code as you see it below, and here's the error it gave:

Code: Select all

# for f in *.mp3;do ffmpeg -i "$f" -y -f mp3 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -ar 22050 /tmp/Dallas,/Whiter/"$f";done
ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52: undefined symbol: speex_header_free

soliver

converting directory

#39 Post by soliver »

Hi ho flash

For ME it seems that it is a problem of your/shinobars ffmpeg. Like you see (picture) it works well. I mounted a stick instead a cd, named the directory and copied the code....
Two differences : a) another puppy version (think don't matter) b) I have ffmpeg latest stable (because of the x264) compiled by myself with all dependencies (like new liblame). It looks that ffmepg isn't compiled against your liblame and others so it won't work.
Sorry for that, but seems you'll have to compile it yourself with all the dependencies. Don't know what other people think but the code is working well.

Greets
and
take care
Attachments
ffmpeg.png
(28.57 KiB) Downloaded 1448 times

shinobar

ffmpeg/ffconvert update

#40 Post by shinobar »

Hi flash and to all,
if you installed my ffmpeg of the large pet, try to upgrade:
ffmpeg-20100408-0.7.pet, which contains libspeex.

ffconvert also updated to version 0.7, with small bugfix.
Last edited by shinobar on Thu 20 May 2010, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.