pupRadio (with pupTelly)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
ttuuxxx

Re: pupradio icon

#41 Post by ttuuxxx »

tubeguy wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
tubeguy wrote:I made one.
looks pretty good at 48x48 but what about 16x16 which is the actual menu size, your 48x48 would be good for the desktop, but I'm not too sure at 16x16
ttuuxxx
I just made it for my desktop, never considered the menu. I've been using pupradio a lot lately, just wanted to pretty up the desktop icon, thought I should share. :)
the more I look at the 16x16 icon the more it works, its actually not bad at 16X16. Good work, I'll use it in 2.14X
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

tubeguy

Re: pupradio icon

#42 Post by tubeguy »

ttuuxxx wrote: the more I look at the 16x16 icon the more it works, its actually not bad at 16X16. Good work, I'll use it in 2.14X
ttuuxxx
Cool! Just happy I can give back, even in a small way.
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

01micko

#43 Post by 01micko »

Hi zicozico

pupRadio is not intended as a stream ripper, just as a small entertainment app convenient for saving stream urls. It is just a bonus that you can use Precord with pupRadio... handy if you hear a track you like you can record it, a bit like the old days when we had cassette radios. You would have an empty cassette tape in the drive and if you heard a song you like on the radio you hit record and you could enjoy the song for a while longer. Inevitably, the radio announcers always blabbed over the top of the ending (as they still do) so it wouldn't be pristine but what the hey..

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

upnorth

pupRadio 0.5

#44 Post by upnorth »

Just upgraded to v 0.5 of pupRadio/Telly in quirky005 and dpup484.

Excellent!

I can now keep track of my streams, find new streams, and play them. All in an efficient manner.

This is a great useful efficient app.

Thanks!

PS
I'm now playing extreme-aacp.rautemusik.fm 8)
===========================================
Also: dir.xiph.org has a huge searchable directory of streams and .m3u, .xspf playlists and it shows the format(codec) for each.
This is the icecast directory.
Last edited by upnorth on Sat 23 Jan 2010, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

ttuuxxx

#45 Post by ttuuxxx »

Hi micko, It would be nice to use streamripper, Precord is complicated, would drive new users nuts, where as streamripper is basic and just works, no need to configure your mic's soundcard etc, nothing. streamripper commands are located at http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/tutorialconsole.php , Think about it you already have a record button, just add a stop button :) and that's it :) Precord doesn't work on my system either alsa never finds half the stuff it should on my motherboard, but streamripper works on it because it does it differently. Great little tool.
Anyways its a nice little player:) and thanks
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

tlchost

#46 Post by tlchost »

musher0 wrote:If anybody wants a really HUGE listing of Internet radio stations, download ScreamerRadio for Windows, unpack the presets.xml.gz file, and copy & paste to mplayer or whatever. All genres imaginable!
Is there suck a list for TV broadcasts?

Thanks
Thom

01micko

#47 Post by 01micko »

ttuuxxx wrote:Hi micko, It would be nice to use streamripper, Precord is complicated, would drive new users nuts, where as streamripper is basic and just works, no need to configure your mic's soundcard etc, nothing. streamripper commands are located at http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/tutorialconsole.php , Think about it you already have a record button, just add a stop button :) and that's it :) Precord doesn't work on my system either alsa never finds half the stuff it should on my motherboard, but streamripper works on it because it does it differently. Great little tool.
Anyways its a nice little player:) and thanks
ttuuxxx
ttuuxxx

Nice what you have done.

I have seen you made mods to pupRadio in the "updating 2 series" thread. Could you kindly post a pet or tarball of the scripts.

Precord is not hard coded into pupRadio. Any recorder could be used. I think it would be great to give the user that choice and it would not take much modification of pupRadio. I intend to update the gui slightly anyway.

Cheers

01micko

#48 Post by 01micko »

V 0.5.2 is out

-minor update

(btw, thanks for hacked code ttuuxxx, not yet implemented)

See main post

01micko

#49 Post by 01micko »

0.5.3 is out

Added support for Gnome-mplayer especialy for Quirky. It is somewhat experimental, but hey, so is Quirky! :)

See main Post

vovchik

#50 Post by vovchik »

Dear Mick,

Great work. It occurred to me that vlc and smplayer could be added very simply with a slight mod the the main pupradio script, i.e.:

Code: Select all

PLAYER=`which mplayer`
GXINE=`which gxine`
XINE=`which xine`
GMPLAYER=`which gnome-mplayer`
SMPLAYER=`which smplayer`
VLCPLAYER=`which vlc`

echo "" > $APP_DIR/playerlist
if [ "$MPLAYER" != "" ]; then echo "mplayer" >> $APP_DIR/playerlist ; fi
if [ "$GXINE" != "" ]; then echo "gxine" >> $APP_DIR/playerlist ; fi
if [ "$XINE" != "" ]; then echo "xine" >> $APP_DIR/playerlist ; fi
if [ "$GMPLAYER" != "" ]; then echo "gnome-mplayer" >> $APP_DIR/playerlist ; fi
if [ "$SMPLAYER" != "" ]; then echo "smplayer" >> $APP_DIR/playerlist ; fi
if [ "$VLCPLAYER" != "" ]; then echo "vlc" >> $APP_DIR/playerlist ; fi
I am already using 0.5.3 this way already. Any thoughts?

With thanks and kind regards,
vovchik

tasmod

#51 Post by tasmod »

Can anyone with a working webcam, that works in mplayer. With mplayer as default player in pupradio.

Please try this in the puptv part.

/dev/video0

I have a part working webcam but it occured to me that it may launch a working cam in puptv
Rob
-
The moment after you press "Post" is the moment you actually see the typso 8)

clarf

#52 Post by clarf »

vovchik:

That´s not so easy to implement you have to add the correct stream execution code for each application, i.e:

Code: Select all

smtrearriper $URL -d /root/my_music -q
that could differs from other applications...

Moreover some stream player can not handle some extensions like .lst or .m3u to name some. Then you have you know that information and do many test. Anyway its possible to add that features.

01micko:

I would like to see in next pupRadio version some feature we added for 214X, For example pupRadio current version can record only those stations specified with a URL, with 214X update you can record the station that is actually playing (I mean the playing station when you psuh the Record button)

I like the way you are coding pupRadio it´s easy to add new functionality with little changes, Great work 01micko, please keep developing it.

Greetings,
clarf

vovchik

#53 Post by vovchik »

Dear clarf,

I realize that some applications have different parameters and additional players would require figuring those parameters out (accomplished either by running the app with --help in a terminal or by reading the man page). Streamripper seems like one such app. However, regarding those players I added to the sample code (smplayer and vlc), I have already run tests and both smplayer (mplayer gui in qt) and vlc seem to work as expected without additional fiddling. This is important in respect of some "difficult" streams as vlc can, I think, handle a great many without recourse to external codecs and libs.

With kind regards,
vovchik

clarf

#54 Post by clarf »

Dear vovchik

Your founds about vlc are very important and your work is appreciated, it´s also important to consider the extension used by some stream stations, hope you can do more test about this particular issue. As always enough test and user supports is the best wayto make a good an stable application.

Greetings,
clarf

bigpup

PupRadio for Quirky

#55 Post by bigpup »

01micko,

Feedback on using Quirky 006 Gnome-Mplayer:

In Quirky 006:
Updated to PupRadio 0.5.3

in prefered player selected Gnome-Mplayer.
Seems to work ok for radio and telly video.

In radio, it looks like you are just using two different GUI's to play the sound. Gnome-Mplayer is a GUI for mplayer and so is PupRadio.

In Puptelly, using Gnome-Mplayer gives you much more control and options for the video.

Issue with Gnome-Mplayer:
It had to load a cache before the radio would play.
When it starts, the volume is set to off and has to be increased with the volume control.

Keep in mind that this is being used in Quirky and it is cutting edge new stuff. Barry is playing and doing all types of quirky things!!!!

I like what Gnome-Mplayer gives you for options in Puptelly.

01micko

#56 Post by 01micko »

Hi guys

Thanks for your interest in pupRadio/pupTelly.

First of all a bit of a rant. What inspired me to make pupRadio first of all was puppyluvr's PupTV. It was a good effort, his first gui app, but it had shortcomings, but I managed to get around those in allowing channel updating. Nevertheless, it was cumbersome and a little inefficient. Next came trio's Pstreamvid. Much better, but in my opinion a little ugly in the gui department.

I took inspiration from both those apps and added Radio .. (er yes, I know I said it the other way around in the main post but.. I lied!! :o :shock: ). However, many people use radio streams probably more so than video streams. For one, they are more consistent, normally they don't come and go so often. Video streams come and go all the time, I'm just lucky the eight I chose as default are still up. Ironically one of the radio streams seems to have died, CGFP, so in the 0.5.3 version I replaced it.

When I first designed the gui I was mindful of other player support, so unlike Pstreamvid, which opts for notebook tabs to switch players, I went for the combobox, making it very easy to add new players as I figure out how to support them. The first one was xine thanks to prehistoric and then a work around for gxine 0.904 thanks to Barry.

vovchik

Now, Smplayer I know nothing about, but I guess it is a derivative of Mplayer, and as such would have very similar options. It seems the radio needs minimal options, and at the moment none are in place, but of course that is easy to adjust. Telly has the structure in place since the integration of Xine, so different options are easy to implement, as you have seen.

VLC is another I know little about but did have a look at. I saw that it has a problem running as root, however I have not tried. If you can send more info about options that you need for vlc with pupRadio and Telly I will implement support for it, and the same goes for Smplayer.

clarf

To be honest I haven't yet looked at the changes you and ttuuxxx made to pupRadio for 214X. They do sound innovative, and that is the beauty of open source and this forum.

With the example code you pointed out to vovchik, well that would be easy to implement, if something needs something after the command then another variable can be assigned, even if it needs a pop up window to adjust it's value, and of course it's default value can be null, as to not affect other players' needs.

Rob

Still no luck with that webcam? Mustn't be UVC. Perhaps a driver will turn up somewhere. I still think you should start a thread about it. :wink: . First to answer would be tempestuous.

tlchost

Er, sorry, but the best I came up with, without looking too hard, was SquidTV, the button in the gui points to it.. that was Barry's find.

bigpup

Thanks for testing and your comments. I am thinking to allow a different player for pupRadio and pupTelly. It would probably simplify some options behind the scenes too. It would then allow you to use mplayer for radio and gnome-mplayer for telly.

_________-

I will keep developing this app as long as it is fun, still is so far.. :D

Cheers all,

Mick

James C

#57 Post by James C »

Great little app, just installed in Upup 458......... :)

bigpup

posting link in main topic heading

#58 Post by bigpup »

01micko look at this and see if it is something that you would support for pupRadio.

A link to pupRadio post is listed.

MULTIMEDIA Post:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=53932

01micko

#59 Post by 01micko »

yes, that's cool bigpup

v 0.5.4 is out, minor maintenance

See main post

01micko

#60 Post by 01micko »

0.5.5 is out