Speed Dial for SeaMonkey?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
dalderton

Speed Dial for SeaMonkey?

#1 Post by dalderton »

Has anyone or can anyone get the Firefox Speed Dial addon
to work with SeaMonkey?
The latest SeaMonkey works well but after using Opera and Firefox with Speed Dial it is too painfull the use the normal Bookmark system.
I wish I had the skill to try it myself but I only know enough to know how much I dont know.
Regards in hope Dennis.

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

It's not the FF extension, but DaveS has put together an alternate method of creating a speed-dial page here.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

dalderton

#3 Post by dalderton »

Thanks for the tip ,I will give it a go.
Regards Dennis

dalderton

#4 Post by dalderton »

Did that and it works OK,Very usefull
Regards Dennis

DaveS

#5 Post by DaveS »

dalderton wrote:Did that and it works OK,Very usefull
Regards Dennis
Another useful Seamonkey tip here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=55118
Using this with speedial set as home page allows turning off all but the navigation bar to allow full use of screen size for web pages. There is also a great little SM2 add on called compact menu that changes menu access to a single button on the navigation bar instead of a whole bar all ti itself. How it SHOULD be! Its here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/4550/ but only for SM2
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

dalderton

#6 Post by dalderton »

DaveS
Many thanks,these tips have turned Seamonkey into a nice modern Browser. It is fast as well .I have been using Opera 10.54 Lite but it is not very reliable and has a few odd things about it and while Chrome is very fast I am afraid that I dont quite trust the big Goog!
All we need now is the New Tab button to incorporate the Speed Dial automatically and it would be the full bag.
Thanks again Dennis

DaveS

#7 Post by DaveS »

dalderton wrote:DaveS
Many thanks,these tips have turned Seamonkey into a nice modern Browser. It is fast as well .I have been using Opera 10.54 Lite but it is not very reliable and has a few odd things about it and while Chrome is very fast I am afraid that I dont quite trust the big Goog!
All we need now is the New Tab button to incorporate the Speed Dial automatically and it would be the full bag.
Thanks again Dennis
From the menu, edit>preferences>browser> display on browser start up, select 'home page'. Make speed dial your home page, then opening a new tab will load speedial automatically.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

dalderton

#8 Post by dalderton »

DaveS Thanks for that I had looked at that but not thought it through. The dropdown at the top of the preferences was the key to it. All fixed, thanks again.
I put it down to rapidly advancing senility.
Regards Dennis,