Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2010, 14:24 Post subject:
Lenovo Netbooks, Broadcom Wireless and Quirky
I was having the same trouble getting wifi to work on my Lenovo S10 netbook with Quirky that I had with Puppy 4.3.1. So I switched back to the ndiswrapper method, which works fine. Here are some instructions.
1. Download the b43wifi attachment below and extract it to /root.
2. Go to the folder /root/b43wifi and open the script named "wifi" in a text editor.
3. Add your ESSID to Line 8 and your WEP key to Line 9.
4. Save and exit.
5. Test run the script with the command
Or just to be on the safe side, run each line individually so you can track the result.
and verify that wlan0 now has an IP address.
7. If it does, launch a browser and start surfing!
8. Once your testing is complete, drag the "wifi" file onto the desktop.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum