RSS feed reader?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Eadwine

RSS feed reader?

#1 Post by Eadwine »

I am using the multisession CD (1.0.3) at times, and there is one thing that I am really missing: a feed reader. I have looked around on the forum and searched, but I couldn't find it.

In the installed distribution on my system (not puppy) I am using Liferea, and I wanted to know, is there something like this for Puppy that I can install?

dvw86

#2 Post by dvw86 »

I'm using Thunderbird for that, but I believe that Sylpheed has the option as well.

papaschtroumpf

#3 Post by papaschtroumpf »

firefox also supports it
Mandriva LE 2005 user and puppy newbie

Eadwine

#4 Post by Eadwine »

I have the mozilla suite on that CD, and as I REALLY don't like Firefox I am not going there. Also, Thunderbird, I have tried it with that back on Mepis. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the silly things to work right, and I am no newby when it comes to using feeds and feed readers.

For as far as I see Sylpheed has a news reader, which is also what Mozilla Mail offers. A news reader however is not a feed reader; a news reader is for newsgroups (like alt.os.linux).

I started digging in my memory and then remembered Opera supports feeds, and I installed it easily using pupget. It works, so I'll stick to that one for the feeds.

Thanks a lot for the help though, much appreciated :)