Need driver for PCI wireless adapter in 4.2.1

Using applications, configuring, problems
howard

Need driver for PCI wireless adapter in 4.2.1

#1 Post by howard »

I think I need a refresher course in setting up a wireless connection using Puppy 4.2.1. BTW, my PC is an IBM Thinkpad R50e [1842-PPU], whose wireless adapter is described on Lenovo's Product Information pages as '802.11b/g MPCI'. I think this adapter may be some Intel permutation.
I've tried all the PCI drivers in the standard setup list to no avail. I believe in the distant past I obtained the correct driver from a kind soul on this forum, but I wasn't smart enough to write down its name, nor in what folder it is stored.
Any kick-in-the-butt will be appreciated.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

The forum Search can be limited to search for only the posts you (howard) have made. You must not have asked for the driver in the forum because you've made 48 posts and only this one seems to be about a wireless driver. :)

Have you tried searching the forum for any posts about your laptop? (Hint: you can limit the search to the Wireless section of the forum.)

howard

Need driver for PCI wireless Adapter (Puppy 4.2.1)

#3 Post by howard »

Flash wrote:The forum Search can be limited to search for only the posts you (howard) have made. You must not have asked for the driver in the forum because you've made 48 posts and only this one seems to be about a wireless driver. :)

Have you tried searching the forum for any posts about your laptop? (Hint: you can limit the search to the Wireless section of the forum.)
Thanks, Flash, for reminding me. It turns out that my prior posts referred to a decade-old laptop I no longer own. I'm trying to think of how best to restate my issue.
I need to know the name of the PCI driver for the '802.11b/g MPCI' wireless adapter in my Thinkpad R50e [Machine Type-Model Number = 1842-PPU]. Once I know the name I may be able to find it hiding in one of Puppy's folders.
Interesting how when I click the Connect icon on Puppy's desktop the program involved asks for all sorts of info, like pick the driver from a list. But if I go the alternate route (I think it's called pWireless Network Finder) all I'm asked for is to select the network I wish to connect to, and supply the WEP (if any). No mention of wireless adapter/driver.

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Run Menu > System > Pupscan > PCI Interfaces