Success porting Openshot video editor to puppy.

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
aarf

#21 Post by aarf »

thanks for this smil99

smil99

#22 Post by smil99 »

My pleasure.

I would like to know if it is working for you.

Cheers.

smil99

#23 Post by smil99 »

Hi fellow puppians,
Don't I deserve to know if openshot that I put together is working for you or not?
C'mon share your experiences here.

Cheers.

smil99.

aarf

#24 Post by aarf »

lupu500 needed 128MB pupsave!
got this far using these packages (images below this post and the next)
not sure how to configure melt
failed to import .mp4
need to do some openshot reading.
taking a short break now.
Attachments
openshot packages.jpg
(58.51 KiB) Downloaded 2744 times
Last edited by aarf on Sun 27 Jun 2010, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.

aarf

#25 Post by aarf »

second image from above post
Attachments
openshot.jpg
(32.64 KiB) Downloaded 2521 times

aarf

#26 Post by aarf »

more
Attachments
outputs.jpg
(44.44 KiB) Downloaded 2480 times

smil99

#28 Post by smil99 »

aarf,
Thanks for the feedback.
I am not quite sure but does installing libvpx0 make ffplay work? My installation didn't even require libvpx0 to work.

I would suggest you install openshot and all the accompanying pets on a fresh install of lupu and see the outcome. As you may know, ffmpeg, ffplay and melt depend on specific versions of other libs such as libavformat, libdevice, etc. If the required versions are not there, errors like melt not finding required codecs and not able to import anything into openshot occurs.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, running the commands
# melt
followed by
# melt -query "producers"
must give a list of producers among which MUST be 'avformat'.
Prior to running openshot, you may also try playing any video using ffplay or melt. If you are able to do that, then openshot should work.

Notes:
(1) After installing openshot, it is possible that another program that is installed later may overwrite some of these libs (libavformat, libdevice, etc) with those that are contained in that pet. Personally, I always unpet any pet and find out if the libs contained therein are not already in my system. If they are, I do another pet without these libs and see if the new program will work with the already installed libs.
You may use this command to unpet a pet:
# pet2tgz
untar the tgz and check the folders, especially the libs folder, for any duplications of libs as explained above.

(2) It seems 128MB pupsave is way too small for doing any serious video editing. I always do a frugal install but choose the option of saving to the entire partition. Thus, my pupsave is the entire size of the partition and I do not worry about increasing pupsave size in the future.
I am sure you already know how to partition disks or resize partitions through GParted. Don't you?

Cheers.

aarf

#29 Post by aarf »

ffplay with the missing file above now plays mp4 on this new install virgin lupu 500. just e2fsprog to check the disks.
have done the
# melt
followed by
but still get (nothing) >.
yes resizing is no problem. still have 24MB free in my 128mb partition.
still cant import or play anything in openshot. even small jpg series wont show as imported.

smil99

#30 Post by smil99 »

I think the problem is with your version of ffmpeg (ffmpeg-0.6-i686-Lucid.pet) and its dependencies as against the one I provided which is ffmpeg-0.5.2.pet.

Try installing the one in my post (ie ffmpeg-0.5.2.pet).

As I said earlier, most of the packages floating around may have similar names but their dependencies may vary with respect to version numbers.

Cheers.

aarf

#31 Post by aarf »

success in importing and playing mp4 with a new try on new 256MB pupsave with your standard attached pets.
also attached console outputs.
removal of the (') from
# 'melt -query "producers" (on page 1 of this thread)
to give/use
may also have been a positive contribution.
used this to start:
# python /usr/share/openshot/openshot.py

will play around further.
thank you
Attachments
somename.tar.gz
(89.78 KiB) Downloaded 832 times
Last edited by aarf on Mon 28 Jun 2010, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

aarf

#32 Post by aarf »

first attempt from novice.
imported 10 minute 45MB mp4 into openshot, cut it in about half, exported it to youtube medium quality waited a long time and then got my new 5 minute 90MB mpeg movie! so my aim of reucing the MB size by cutting the stuff i didnt want at the end of the movie failed, went into pupppeeerc6 and tried to change the new mpeg to mp4 with "FFconvert multimedia converter" also failed due to code problems. any advice gratefully accepted.

aarf

#33 Post by aarf »

export:
mp4>

The following formats/codecs are missing from your system:

libmp3lame

You will not be able to use the selected export profile. You will need to install the missing formats/codecs or choose a different export profile.
flv>

libx264
libmp3lame

You will not be able to use the selected export profile. You will need to install the missing formats/codecs or choose a different export profile.
mp4(Xvid)

libxvid

Attachments
libx264.jpg
(79.54 KiB) Downloaded 2270 times
libmp3lame.jpg
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 2260 times

aarf

#35 Post by aarf »

have downloaded these but haven't begun testing yet google search for them:
libavformat-extra-52_0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu3_i386.deb
libavformat-unstripped-52_0.svn20090303-1ubuntu2+unstripped1_i386.deb
libavformat52_0.5.2-1_i386.deb
libavformat52_0.svn20080206-18+lenny1_i386.deb

specifically want mp4 output if anyone has the inclination to start testing please do.

smil99

#36 Post by smil99 »

Sorry I have been away for a while.

Can you please let me know exactly the steps that you took that led to the failure? For example, were you using the advanced export tab? I want to replicate it here and see if I can help.

Cheers.

aarf

#37 Post by aarf »

smil99 wrote:Sorry I have been away for a while.

Can you please let me know exactly the steps that you took that led to the failure? For example, were you using the advanced export tab? I want to replicate it here and see if I can help.

Cheers.

you're telling me that you can export mp4 format? i can export mpeg and ogg but not those as detailed above. noticed that i have missing dependencies in some packages. talking lupu500 here. give me a while and i'll do the requested details.
Last edited by aarf on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

aarf

#38 Post by aarf »

mp4 fail. havent even looked in the advanced tab. is this enough info?
Attachments
mp4 fail.jpg
(40.07 KiB) Downloaded 2173 times

aarf

#39 Post by aarf »

more
Attachments
mp4libail.jpg
(36.01 KiB) Downloaded 2102 times

aarf

#40 Post by aarf »

attach