does CUPS have the driver for Bluetooth printers?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
eeepuppy

does CUPS have the driver for Bluetooth printers?

#1 Post by eeepuppy »

Hi,
i have a little (?) problem printing from my eeepc to following Bluetooth/pictbridge printers
Agfa AP1100 (Sagem) and Polaroid PoGo.
Both are found and paired with Puppeee rc6 Bluetooth applet, but sending a picture, the printer led blinks receiving data but the print do not start and the led goes to red giving error.
Windows XP recognize and print fine with both the mentioned printers using Bluetooth.
I can print without difficulty also with my Nokia N78 and its Bluetooth applet.
Do i install the printers in CUPS ? If yes, where i can fin find the drivers?

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

A little googling of "cups bluetooth" reveals some interesting stuff. The big-boy distros have a package called "bluez-cups" that adds a driver to CUPS for bluetooth printers. It requires libbluetooth.

However, I can't find any evidence of Linux drivers for your particular printers.

I did find info about Mac users having problems sending graphics files to Pogos.

eeepuppy

#3 Post by eeepuppy »

rcrsn51 wrote:A little googling of "cups bluetooth" reveals some interesting stuff. The big-boy distros have a package called "bluez-cups" that adds a driver to CUPS for bluetooth printers. It requires libbluetooth.

However, I can't find any evidence of Linux drivers for your particular printers.

I did find info about Mac users having problems sending graphics files to Pogos.
Yes, i have tryied it, but Linux do not have a generic bluetooth printer driver as Windows XP has.
Therefore without specific driver, blues-cups show the device in CUPS (as bluetooth printer) but can't install it.
Many thanks for interesting to my problem; waiting for a Linux solution i will print with my phone and Windows XP.