Lighthouse Pup 5.00 G 185M

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
gcmartin

Lighthouse Pup 5.00 C 231M k2.6.33.2

#121 Post by gcmartin »

@Jim1911 Thank you for helping me.

I want to ensure that I am clear, thanks to you, along with the website's writings. (Seems that there is a discrepancy on where the base pup file, spup-490.sfs, should be...either it should be in base or it should be in a sub-directory; say "/mnt/home/Lighthouse")
If I understand correctly, /mnt/home is the base directory. It happens to reside on /dev/sda2. Because it is the base, this is then, also, the root-level directory for the Lighthouse system. In that base directory, there MUST be the following (which was copied from the Lighthouse CD):
  1. DO NOT COPY ===> spup-nnn.sfs (where nnn is the version e.g., spup-490.sfs)
  2. initrd.gz
  3. vmlinuz
  4. click-to-verify-lhp or click-to-verify-mariner
  5. All other SFS files from the CD
NOW, NEXT, COPY spup-490.sfs to /mnt/home/Lighthouse

If I am to use the menu.lst as you suggest, I should have a folder on sda2 that is /mnt/home/Lighthouse for the menu.lst to work.
Right?
Thanks in advance.

Jim1911

Re: Lighthouse Pup 5.00 C 231M k2.6.33.2

#122 Post by Jim1911 »

gcmartin wrote:@Jim1911 Thank you for helping me.

I want to ensure that I am clear, thanks to you, along with the website's writings. (Seems that there is a discrepancy on where the base pup file, spup-490.sfs, should be...either it should be in base or it should be in a sub-directory; say "/mnt/home/Lighthouse")
If I understand correctly, /mnt/home is the base directory. It happens to reside on /dev/sda2. Because it is the base, this is then, also, the root-level directory for the Lighthouse system. In that base directory, there MUST be the following (which was copied from the Lighthouse CD):
  1. DO NOT COPY ===> spup-nnn.sfs (where nnn is the version e.g., spup-490.sfs)
  2. initrd.gz
  3. vmlinuz
  4. click-to-verify-lhp or click-to-verify-mariner
  5. All other SFS files from the CD
NOW, NEXT, COPY spup-490.sfs to /mnt/home/Lighthouse

If I am to use the menu.lst as you suggest, I should have a folder on sda2 that is /mnt/home/Lighthouse for the menu.lst to work.
Right?
Thanks in advance.
No, those files copied from the CD should all be in the /mnt/home/Lighthouse. You are not correctly reading my comments. I'll try to clarify since the use of mnt/home is apparently confusing. Instead, refer to it as dev/sda2. mnt/home is simply the partition on which the pup directory is placed that is mounted when the OS is loaded

Extra sfs files should be in dev/sda2 along with the pup subdirectories. All files from the CD should be in the subdirectory (dev/sda2/Lighthouse). Incidentally, it isn't necessary to burn a CD. Just click on the iso file to mount it and then open the subdirectory and copy the needed files. Only 3 files are needed in dev/sda/Lighthouse, initrd.gz, vmlinuz, and spup-490.sfs although there is usually no harm in copying all of them to the subdirectory since they are such small files.

As you can see there are numerous pup directories on my sda2 partition. mnt/home is partition sdb6 that has the blue dot on the attached desktop photo as I am posting from a test version of Lucid.

tazoc

Re: Boot failure - Downloaded Mariner ISO and burned to CD

#123 Post by tazoc »

gcmartin wrote:I'm getting boot failures on each PC I attempt. What does the LAST message, in the list below, really mean? Messages are

Code: Select all

Loading drivers needed to access disk drives ...	done
Locating main file and session files...	done
 Loading spup-490.sfs (sr0)
 MinRAM to copy: 413M free RAM: 1772M... copying to ram..........	done
Setting up the layered filesystem...	done
Performing a 'switch_root' to the layered filesystem...Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
The systems stopped at the last message above with a flashing cursor.
Hi gcmartin,
Kernel panic means the Linux kernel could not continue, usually because a file system or boot error occurred. Try booting from the LiveCD, entering puppy pfix=ram,nocopy to see if not copying the main file to RAM helps. If so include this on the kernel line in your GRUB entry. A kernel panic might also occur if the boot files from two separate Puppies or puplets were mixed. (See below for a description of 'boot files'.
gcmartin wrote:Can anyone provide an example of this instruction for Lighthouse installation.
On the Lighthouse website at this location ===> http://www.lhpup.org/tips-lhp.htm#Installation
One of the notes is
Note 2: All files except for the last (extra SFS files) can be placed in a directory one level deep so that multiple installs can be placed in the same partition.
Above the note, the paragraph is talking about folder /mnt/Home. I need help understanding what is meant by this note.
  1. Can anyone supply an example of the folder that this should reside in?
    AND
  2. Is the mention of "extra SFS files" referring to the line 'Optional: SFS files e.g., 5-LHP-Mar-4f_443.sfs'?
]Lastly, if I wanted to do a 2nd installation of a different version (from iso), what would I do differently?
Yes, extra SFS files are add-ons, such as the latest 5-Mariner-5C_490.sfs. These add-ons must reside in the base of the partition, as Jim1911's example in /mnt/sda2/, if that is the partition you're installing Lighthouse to. /mnt is where partitions are typically mounted at, so /mnt/sda2 or /mnt/home are still the base of sda2.

It is a bit confusing, as one might assume that only '/' is the base, but when a partition is mounted it's base becomes /mnt/<partition name>. The other confusing part is that the main file spup-490.sfs for Lighthouse or lupu-501.sfs for Lucid Puppy is also an SFS, however it is not an 'extra SFS' but rather the main file that is used to boot, and so spup-490.sfs must stay with the other boot files, initrd.gz, vmlinuz. Again these boot files must stay together and can either be in the base of the partition (if you only have one puplet on that partition), or in a folder one-level-deep (allows sharing the partition with other puplets). When you save your session to a pupsave that file which contains all of the updated and personal files you have saved during each session will also reside in the same folder as the boot files discussed here.

The boot (and main) files on the ISO can reside together in a folder one-level-deep and other puplets/Puppy installs are done the same way, that is their boot files would be together in another folder one level deep e.g., /mnt/home/lupu/lupu-501.sfs. Their add-on 'extra SFS' files, if any, must also be in the base of the partition, e.g., /mnt/home/openoffice-3.2.sfs.
Hope that helps,
TazOC
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

tazoc

#124 Post by tazoc »

Jim1911 wrote:Your new Lighthouse Pup 5.00 C is really superb. The auto-setup is flawless with my system. All that was necessary for a complete setup was to install your nvidia 195 pet and setup my HP printer. CUPS detected it properly and the scanner works without any extra setup.

Minor oversight, Bibletime is missing... Also, BibleTime 2.7 was just released, so you may want to update it when you add the missing dependencies. Thanks for adding e-Sword to the WBAR setup.
Hi Jim,
You're very welcome and thank you for the positive feedback and comments. I had not had a chance to work on BibleTime until yesterday, (as with some other add-ons that are grayed out on the download page.) I tried to compile the latest BibleTime 2.7 but kept getting errors like this one,

undefined reference to`ldap_sasl_bind@OPENLDAP_2.4_2'
even with all the dependencies installed. Might be a missing or mismatched header file or something. Some of the dependencies, ~35 packages in all, weren't available from Slackware so I went to Debian for some and Slack for others. Next time I'll try using everything from Debian, but it's much more time consuming that way as Debian and Ubuntu divide up many packages into numerous smaller ones.

So I updated Bibletime-2.5-1C.sfs, including the missing dependencies and most of Qt4.6.2 as well so that it works even with the Lighthouse 5.00C base ISO alone. Please try it from Bibletime-2.5-1C.sfs | md5.txt, deselecting any prior versions of BibleTime in Bootmanager before rebooting. If it works OK I'll put this new one on the web site.

Thanks,
TazOC
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

Jim1911

#125 Post by Jim1911 »

tazoc wrote:So I updated Bibletime-2.5-1C.sfs, including the missing dependencies and most of Qt4.6.2 as well so that it works even with the Lighthouse 5.00C base ISO alone. Please try it from Bibletime-2.5-1C.sfs | md5.txt, deselecting any prior versions of BibleTime in Bootmanager before rebooting. If it works OK I'll put this new one on the web site.
Since I'd already added the dependencies in my installation, I used a new save file with your update. It works fine, sorry that 2.7 is giving problems, however your 2.5.1 works as well as any that I've seen. Even ubuntu's version doesn't have all of the menu icons. Kubuntu does now have Bibletime 2.7 and it's running properly. I'll have to check ubuntu.

Thanks again and I do like the KDE desktop, IMO it outshines Kubuntu and is certainly faster.
Jim :D

gcmartin

Lighthouse Pup 5.00 C 231M k2.6.33.2

#126 Post by gcmartin »

@tazoc - thanks for your guidance. I ran into issues, but the could be useful clues to this problem. I did what you asked and here's the results on a dual xeon system with 1.75GB of memory and SCSI drives:

making tht filesystem usable...depmod	done
Updating...network-drivers-list gtk-icon-cache
loading kernel modules...	done
Waiting for modules to complete loading ... 1 2 3 4 ...		done
setting up services (network,...)	done
     o
     o
     o
I let the keyboard-mouse default
     o
     o
     o
I selected UTC for clock
     o
     o
     o
X started by /usr/bin/xwin
Exited from X to Command Line.

To restart X type xwin....
To shutdown type...
  If X Windows fails to start, ...

cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultdraw: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaulthtmleditor: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultmediaplayer: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultpaint: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultspreadsheet: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaulteditor: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultwordprocessor: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultimageviewer: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultimageeditor: Input/output error
For Console Quickstart type....
bash-3.00#xorgwizard
-sh: /usr/sbin/xorgwizard: Input/output error 
<root> ~
bash-3.00#xwin
Thoughts:

Barburo

#127 Post by Barburo »

Hi TazOC,
5B -> 5C went without a hitch - I copied my previous pup-save file into my new 5C directory, booted, and the update went as before. Changed the logon .srs files to include the new version of mariner and kde, reboot, and I was up and running.

I previously used KDE3.x rather than 4 finding it faster. However this version of KDE seems to perform OK on my notebook. The bar at the left of the screen is new. Does it replace the system tray?

Couple of things in KDE:
I can't get sidebar to remember where I put it and lock it - it always initializes in the centre of the screen.
There are two icons for qps on the new bar at the left of the screen. The one titled root@mariner displays correctly, the other titled QPS - root@mariner doesn't. Also when I click on the processor icon in Sidebar the QPS - root@mariner screen displays.
Will keep testing. B.
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

Barburo

#128 Post by Barburo »

Another hold over problem from my previous 5B setup:
I use wireless and I initially tried setting it up using the connection wizard. It worked but would never perpetuate - I had to go through the wizard each time.
I made a connect script for myself (the sensitive info is x'd out)
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig wlan0 down
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 essid xxxx
iwconfig wlan0 key open xxxxxxxxx
iwconfig wlan0 channel 11
iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
iwconfig wlan0 ap xxxxxxxxxxxx
iwconfig wlan0 bit auto
iwconfig wlan0 rate auto
iwconfig wlan0 txpower auto
sleep 1
iwconfig wlan0
echo "Trying DHCP for wlan0"
rm -f /etc/dhcpc/*.pid
dhcpcd -t 30 wlan0
IP=`ifconfig wlan0 | grep 'inet addr:' | sed 's/^[ ^t]*//' | sed 's/inet addr://g' | cut -f 1 -d ' '`
echo "IP Address:" $IP
exit 0
This works just fine in a terminal, and tells me what the connection is.
I added a line for the connect script to rc.local in /etc/rc.d which worked for a while, but then I made some changes and it no longer works. I looked at /var/log/messages to see what was happening and the connection gets made OK, but then there's this entry:
Mariner local0.err dhcpcd[12897]: wlan0: dhcpcd already running on pid 12883 (/var/run/dhcpcd-wlan0.pid)
and the connection is dropped. Running my connect script in a terminal works every time. I may have run the wizard and said "Yes" to using this set up. I know that Puppy stores the wifi data somewhere but I cannot find it. I suspect that such an entry is starting dhcp so if I remove it my script should work OK. Help?
B.
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

tazoc

#129 Post by tazoc »

Barburo wrote:
Mariner local0.err dhcpcd[12897]: wlan0: dhcpcd already running on pid 12883 (/var/run/dhcpcd-wlan0.pid)
and the connection is dropped. Running my connect script in a terminal works every time. I may have run the wizard and said "Yes" to using this set up. I know that Puppy stores the wifi data somewhere but I cannot find it. I suspect that such an entry is starting dhcp so if I remove it my script should work OK. Help?
B.
Hi Barburo,
How about beginning your script with

pidof dhcpcd 1>/dev/null && killall dhcpcd && rm -f /var/run/dhcpcd-*.pid
ifconfig wlan0 down
ifconfig wlan0 up
and remove this line further down:

rm -f /etc/dhcpc/*.pid 
-TazOC

tazoc

Make Superkaramba applets remember their position

#130 Post by tazoc »

Barburo,
Yes, those Superkaramba applets are 'forgetful'. Here's what I do:
  1. Right-click on Sidebar | uncheck Locked position.
  2. Drag the applet with left mouse button to where you want it.
  3. Right-click on Sidebar | check Locked position.
  4. Right-click on Sidebar | Reload Theme
The last step is needed to 'remember' the new position.

Do the same 4 steps for CdKase if it is running.

Restart X to verify.
-TazOC

tazoc

Re: Lighthouse Pup 5.00 C 231M k2.6.33.2

#131 Post by tazoc »

gcmartin wrote:@tazoc - thanks for your guidance. I ran into issues, but the could be useful clues to this problem. I did what you asked and here's the results on a dual xeon system with 1.75GB of memory and SCSI drives:

making tht filesystem usable...depmod	done
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser: Input/output error
cat: /usr/local/bin/defaultdraw: Input/output error
For Console Quickstart type....
bash-3.00#xorgwizard
-sh: /usr/sbin/xorgwizard: Input/output error 
<root> ~
bash-3.00#xwin
Thoughts:
First run click-to-verify-mariner on your Lighthouse Mariner CD, assuming you can boot with another Puppy or Linux. This will check the CD for errors and take about 10 min.

Maybe your boot partition has file system or disk errors. What format is your boot partition? (fdisk -l will tell you.) I'll assume it is a Linux part (ext2/ext3/ext4/reiserfs.) If it is a Windows part, fat/fat32/ntfs, you'll need to reboot into Windows and run chkdsk /f in a command prompt window until output is clean. (May need to reboot into Windows again if partition is in use.) Then run Windows Defragmenter on the partition.

########## Begin Linux Partition Repair ##########
If it is a Linux partition, reboot from Lighthouse 5 CD entering safe <Enter> at the boot menu. (safe is the same as debug pfix=ram,fsck,nox,nocopy)
Type df -h to locate your boot partition (the partition where your Lighthouse files are.) Let's say it's /dev/sda2 and df -h indicates it has at least 800M available.
Type umount -l /mnt/sda2 (that's -l as in Lazy)
Type mount <Enter> to verify it unmounted (sda2 not listed by mount is what you want to see.)
Type e2fsck -vfy /dev/sda2 (if it's a reiserfs, type reiserfsck /dev/sda2)
Type e2fsck -vy /dev/sda2 " "
Repeat last step until output is clean.
Type resize2fs -pf /dev/sda2
Type reboot

At the boot menu enter puppy pfix=ram,fsck,nocopy
Once in X Find Menu | System | File System | Muppy Quickmount
Select a partition and click unmount
Select the same partition and click Repair
Repeat last two steps for all Linux partitions except the swap partition.
Reboot entering fn at the boot menu (same as pfix=fsck,nocopy)
If everything is normal, reboot normally.
(That was complicated by not being able to run X. If X starts, just the last section will usually suffice.)
########## End Linux Repair ##########

If you still get errors, reboot with puppy pfix=ram and shutdown creating a new pupsave.

If your boot partition /dev/sda2 or whatever yours is has <800M available according to df -h, boot with puppy pfix=ram and shutdown choosing a new partition with >800M free.
Hope that helps,
-TazOC

tazoc

KDE 4 Panels; qps bug fix

#132 Post by tazoc »

Barburo wrote:I previously used KDE3.x rather than 4 finding it faster. However this version of KDE seems to perform OK on my notebook. The bar at the left of the screen is new. Does it replace the system tray?
That is a new panel for LHP 5.00... Béèm's idea, actually and I really like it. I removed the System Tray from the main panel (at the top) and added it to the second panel. You can right-click on the desktop or menu buttons | Unlock Widgets and then click on the cashew at the bottom of the new panel. You'll see a Panel Tool Box extend out from the panel. I used the Add Widgets button to add the System Tray, Show Desktop, Battery, System Monitor, Dictionary and Color Picker widgets. At the very bottom of this controller bar click the (oddly hidden) 'More Settings' at the very bottom edge, which will extend out another tool box, including 'Remove this panel'. If you do, you can add the System Tray and possibly the other items back to the main panel using its 'cashew' and Panel Tool Box.
There are two icons for qps on the new bar at the left of the screen. The one titled root@mariner displays correctly, the other titled QPS - root@mariner doesn't. Also when I click on the processor icon in Sidebar the QPS - root@mariner screen displays.
I put together a qps fix you can try (pet attached below) for those bugs. The fix is designed to launch a single instance of qps, using the version compiled with the detected Qt version. l plan to include it in the next release.

Does the weather applet configure to your location? I believe an earlier KDE 4 in LHP wouldn't accept Canadian locations.

Regards from 'down here south of the border',
TazOC

drblock2

#133 Post by drblock2 »

The feared "rox filer focus bug" appears to have reared its ugly head again. If you right click on a file in Rox focus is not surrendered after you finish with it. It is impossible to switch to another file without restarting rox.

Fortunately, upnorth and amigo came up with a solution for this problem:

Simply modify the rox launch script /usr/local/bin/rox by adding the line:

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

It should then look like this:

#!/bin/sh 
exec /usr/local/apps/ROX-Filer/AppRun "$@"
cf. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... f2207ca061

Either I am superstitious or this fix takes care of another problem as well. Post Puppy 4.31, I have been unable to open text files in Geany on a remote drive mounted via smb and cifs. The workaround (use nicoedit or abiword) did not work in 5.0C either. The only possibliltiy was to use the seamonkey composer (!). The modification above seems to have solved this problem. Geany still strikes, but the workarounds work again.

tasmod

#134 Post by tasmod »

Hmmm, I keep having intermittent drive icons go missing !

Sometimes they go missing from boot, sometimes if i use one and close filer window, icon is gone from desktop.

Using xfce.

I can't seem to get 'one click' on desktop icons either no matter what settings I change, is this correct?
Rob
-
The moment after you press "Post" is the moment you actually see the typso 8)

tazoc

#135 Post by tazoc »

drblock2 wrote:Simply modify the rox launch script /usr/local/bin/rox by adding the line:

It should then look like this:

#!/bin/sh 
exec /usr/local/apps/ROX-Filer/AppRun "$@"
cf. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... f2207ca061
Thank you, that sounds better than to do it in /etc/profile. I will change the rox script.
tasmod wrote:Hmmm, I keep having intermittent drive icons go missing !

Sometimes they go missing from boot, sometimes if i use one and close filer window, icon is gone from desktop. Using xfce.
That might be because the drives aren't mounted. I wrote the script to only show icons that are currently mounted. Open /mnt in ROX and hit the rescan icon on the toolbar to see what drives are currently mounted. Then right-click on the missing drive | Properties. At the bottom there is a setting for what to do when all directories of that drive are closed. If it is set to unmount without asking, then that might explain what you're seeing. Of course if the drive is not auto-mounted at boot-up then it will not be on the desktop until it's mounted.

It could also be that the Xfce desktop doesn't refresh properly, though logging out and restarting X should help. Whatever is in $HOME/Desktop (if you're logged in as root that's /root/Desktop) is what should be on the desktop, in addition to the standard Xfce icons.

My compromise with the auto-fstab script was not to clutter the desktop with drive icons I rarely use. The Xfce desktop doesn't have a spacing control, so the nice compact row of drive icons that Barry designed for the ROX desktop can't be applied to the standard Xfce or LXDE desktop icons. When I need to mount a drive I just open /mnt in ROX and click on the drive, or use Pmount.
I can't seem to get 'one click' on desktop icons either no matter what settings I change, is this correct?
Same here! My search for a workaround that allows single-clicking the desktop icons was not very fruitful. You can either hide all the icons except the Trash and make do with Wbar, or possibly convert the desktop to Nautilus instead of Xfce, but I think I would miss the Xfce context menu and other features that Nautilus doesn't have; not to mention the dependencies that might be needed.

What I usually do is leisurely right-click | Open when I don't want to rapidly double click. I read somewhere that the gtk in Xfce requires a double-click, but I don't know why you can single-click in Thunar but not on the Xfce desktop. :? Seems like a throw-back to the old Windows 3.1 double-clicking nonsense. :roll:
-TazOC

Jim1911

#136 Post by Jim1911 »

tazoc wrote:I tried to compile the latest BibleTime 2.7 but kept getting errors like this one,
Code:
undefined reference to`ldap_sasl_bind@OPENLDAP_2.4_2'
even with all the dependencies installed. Might be a missing or mismatched header file or something. Some of the dependencies, ~35 packages in all, weren't available from Slackware so I went to Debian for some and Slack for others. Next time I'll try using everything from Debian, but it's much more time consuming that way as Debian and Ubuntu divide up many packages into numerous smaller ones.
I installed the 2.7.1 lucid packages from here over your Bibletime-2.5-1C.sfs and it's working fine. I believe that those files can be easily copied over to your sfs.

Cheers,
Jim

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#137 Post by Béèm »

I just saw the announcement of 500C (missed the one for B)
Is it worthwhile to go from A to C, or is the D very close for announcement and wait for it?

Also is it safe to migrate the save file from A to C(D) or is it better to start afresh?
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

tazoc

#138 Post by tazoc »

@Jim1911,
Thanks for the link, yes 2.7 works from there and I'll upload an updated BibleTime SFS soon.

@Béèm,
I don't anticipate 5.00D for at least a couple of weeks. Save a copy of your 5A pupsave just in case, but it should be fine to upgrade to C. I usually start with a fresh pupsave for baseline testing, and most of my personal files are manually symlinked to, or copied over from a separate partition. If you have any problems with the qps process manager in Mariner or KDE 4, try this qps bugfix pet.
-TazOC

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#139 Post by Béèm »

Thank you tazoc.
I just wanted to avoid to be in a lucid environment where all of a sudden every other day a new version is coming out.
Will go to C and when migrating I always make a copy of the old save file as a precaution.
Last edited by Béèm on Wed 07 Jul 2010, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

Ray

Mariner 5.0C

#140 Post by Ray »

I have downloaded the latest Lighthouse Mariner iso, checksums match ok, burnt the iso to cd and tried to run on one of my spare computers, amd 64 Athlon 5600, 2gb ram. The boot starts and then the following message:

Loading isolinux Disk Error 80, ax=42E0, Drive 9F

Any suggestions as to how to make this work.

Ray