2 "graphic" requests: Raw Therapee and Xnview.

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Flash858

2 "graphic" requests: Raw Therapee and Xnview.

#1 Post by Flash858 »

I'd really like a .pet or .deb for Raw Therapee to run under Lucid Puppy, but my attempts at compiling from source have been otiose at best.

It would also be nice to have one for Xnview.

As a photographer, the only 2 things I still HAVE to use Windows for are converting raw files, and making galleries for my jobs. As I am moving away from Flash, and re-embracing web galleries, I would love to have an all in one tool for converting raw files, viewing and managing photos, and crreating web galleries. Raw Therapee looks as if it would accomplish the first, while Xnview would cover the latter two. Xnview has already replaced ACDSee on my Windows partition (which is the single program I NEVER thought I would EVER replace, as I have been using it since 1996 I think, and have yet to find anything better until xnview), but I simply can't get it to run in Linux.

Any help would be exceedingly appreciated.

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

For XNView, you might try the .pet(s) listed here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 350#356350

I think someone tried an SFS of the newer (different) version of XNView under development (XNView MP, I think it was called), but I can't seem to find it at the moment. (I posted to the thread, though, as I recall, so all I really have to do is search my own posts... :roll: (Edit: it's this post... May be dated, though. I don't know what the latest version of XNViewMP is.))

It's probably a better idea to stick with the original XNView for the time being, though.
Last edited by Makoto on Sun 04 Jul 2010, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

linuxsansdisquedur

#3 Post by linuxsansdisquedur »

there is a pet for xnview i used on puppy 2 dunno if run fine under lupu (try ans tell) :wink:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0159956439 ... earch.html
le max avec le min

Flash858

Thanks guys!

#4 Post by Flash858 »

I will definitely try those later today when I boot into Lupu, as I'm in Ubuntu right now.

...I discovered the tarball of RawTherapee, when decompressed, just runs when you open the executable that normally resides in the bin folder (I wish all linux apps did that...). At least it did in Ubuntu, so I imagine it will work in Puppy...

Anyway, thanks again!

pemasu

#5 Post by pemasu »

XnView MP has still the same beta status, the same 0.26. No new updates. The latest beta lacks editing features. So it has only viewer properties. The development is slow with this MP (multiplatform version)

I will make sfs from the updated version, when there is something to work on.....

WhoDo

Re: 2 "graphic" requests: Raw Therapee and Xnview.

#6 Post by WhoDo »

Flash858 wrote:I'd really like a .pet or .deb for Raw Therapee to run under Lucid Puppy, but my attempts at compiling from source have been otiose at best.
Ummm... did you search the forum? I posted this one only a few days ago.

Raw Therapee 2.4.1
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Makoto

#7 Post by Makoto »

pemasu wrote:XnView MP has still the same beta status, the same 0.26. No new updates. The latest beta lacks editing features. So it has only viewer properties. The development is slow with this MP (multiplatform version)
Oh, that's right. That's one of the reasons I stopped actively watching it (the slow development pace). :oops:
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

Flash858

Silly me...

#8 Post by Flash858 »

Sorry Whodo...I'm such a newb... ;)

Thanks for that .pet!