Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 16 Sep 2014, 01:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
wish list for next puppy release
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 14 of 23 [331 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
Gorilla no baka

PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb 2010, 11:58    Post subject:  

Cheers guys...

Thank you Pizzasgood

You guys rock....

Gorilla Out..(To mess around with the files..)

I'M IN MY OWN WORLD.
IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!!
navegante

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar 2010, 22:40    Post subject: automatic switch ramdisk/on demand
Subject description: puppi on older pc

I wish from the Puppi Linux Santa Claus in the future that Puppi recognizes real old scrapware (in the 1rst. world) and in that case (and only in that case) doesn¨t load all into ram, only what is needed for the beginning and then on demand what is called is loaded and unloaded from ram if not needed any more. It could have a warnings like "You are going out of space" or "You are going out of ram" "Please close any programm before opening a new one".
What today are old computer (P3, 500Mb ram) in five years are scrapware in the 1rst. world but not everywhere. There are a lot of P1 computer with 32 MB ram still working with win98 (no more supported) in which a nearly up to date Puppi Linux doesn t fit. In the school of my daughter in South America are 10 of them. I couldn t load nothing except Damn Small Linux what really is not an option for kids. If Puppi could recognize such hardware and switch to work on-demand......
Surely those P1-Scrap are condemned to have W98 to the end but todays old computer could live a bit more, do their job with up to date sw. Maybe for ecological reasons too, a step backwards from extintion, less junk in the toxic mountain.
I´m writing this whith a Puppilinx 4.3.1, I tried 4.3.2 too (nearly the same). Both are stable for me and I like it minimalistic as it is with no gadget.. Woof is a great idea. Congratulations.
Best Regards.
oasg (navegante)
mistfire

PostPosted: Wed 17 Mar 2010, 21:21    Post subject: msdos disklabel reading implementation on puppy  

I suggest on the next release of puppy that it must have ability to read the msdos disk-label on storage devices (if the storage device has a disklabel on it) and show up on screen (just like on KDE or Gnome) beside the "sdxN" to avoid confusion when plugging or detecting more than one storage devices and the drives can easily identify and distinct. The concept is just like this:

when you plug or detect storage devices. Instead of "sdxN" appear on desktop, it should be "(sdxN)My Drive" which is the same as "(E:)My Drive" on Ms Windows.
Viking62

PostPosted: Mon 22 Mar 2010, 10:44    Post subject:  Add or link to this free artillery game
Subject description: Scorched3d Artillery game 3D & Free to play online/offline-Ingame chat

Smile
Hello guys-
I was wondering if you could include Scorched3d (turn based artillery game-Online & offline play) in a upcoming version of Puppy. We have a new version coming out shortly *V43*. Contact "Gavin Camp" for particulars concerning this game (Is free for all to d/l & play). Webpage located here: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/index.php *Game typical download sizes= 50-70mb. (a link probably would suffice as well)*

YouTube action links from ingame play= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIOBQbJB7jk , http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperViking62#p/a/u/2/Bmu8I1IrafU ,

v43 preview= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbOCNrw8dgc
Scorched3d on MODDB= http://www.moddb.com/games/scorched3d/images/scorched3d2

Thanks for your consideration,
/Viking62
Viking62

PostPosted: Tue 23 Mar 2010, 17:27    Post subject:
Subject description: Could anyone help with a Puplet for this game

Could anyone help me make a puplet for this game (Scorched3d)? New/better version coming out shortly... Devs are working final bugs out atm. This would be a great game for Puppy users. Can play online/offline...slow or fast computers & slow/fast internet is ok (I played since 2006 on dial up)=LOL
Any help from this community would be greatly appreciated
/Viking62
Aitch wrote:
Hey, you're welcome

If you put this email reply as a post in that thread, you can add your encouragement for some help on this Aitch Smile
SportsGeek

PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr 2010, 12:06    Post subject: Apologies- Please add Desktop Menu keystrokes
Subject description: Pressing "Windows" key opens Desktop Menu; pressing letter opens appropriate submenu

My apologies for wanting a Windows-like feature...

1. Pressing "Windows" key opens Desktop Menu
2. Pressing letter opens appropriate submenu
... if 2 or more submenus start with the same letter, then gonext
SportsGeek

PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr 2010, 12:46    Post subject: Please keep Geany- don't replace it with NicoEdit.  

I see in the release notes for Puppy 4.3
http://www.puppylinux.com/download/release-4.3.htm
that you plan to drop Geany in favor of NicoEdit.

I'd like to strongly request that you do not make this change
1. Geany can open multiple files, and keep them in Tabs; NicoEdit not
2. Geany code-collapse feature ; NicoEdit not

I suspect there are more differences as well.
SportsGeek

PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr 2010, 15:11    Post subject: Hibernation
Subject description: Add Hibernation configuration option- "Shutdown" menu, close laptop lid, time-based, etc

Add Hibernation feature. Make it a configuration option. Allow it to apply to "Shutdown" menu, close laptop lid, time-based, etc.

(I Googled, and see that it can be done, but it's a little too much for me to do by keystroke entry.)
hexdef101

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 23:16    Post subject:  

I know that I am stuck on this, but maybe an official Gnome package. As well as official packages of other WM's. I know there is .sfs of Gnome,KDE,Enlightenment, as well as others, but official releases would be nice.
Gurglin

PostPosted: Wed 05 May 2010, 10:23    Post subject: SVideo Out for PCs with trident cyberblade video card  

Hi,

I already wrote this somewhere else in the forum but here it is possibly the best place for such a request.

Is there any chance for making Puppy compliant with PCs having trident cyberblade video cards, for using an SVideo Out without workarounds?

Thanks
mistfire

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jun 2010, 02:17    Post subject: Disk image Mounter on Puppy  

I think it is better to include a GUI version of Disk image mounter on Puppy. If they did mounting the disk image is very easy instead of typing a command to mount the disk image.
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun 2010, 22:30    Post subject:  

For ext2, ext3, and squashfs filesystem images, if they are named with the right extension (.2fs, .3fs, .sfs) you can simply click them and Puppy will mount them for you. I don't know if Puppy can already handle filesystem images that don't have an extension. If it doesn't, it could be made to do so.

Other filesystem types still need to be done by hand unless Puppy has added support for more since the last time I checked (maybe it has ext4 and .4fs support now, I don't know).

Sometime in the next couple weeks I'm going to dig out the script that does all this and give it any upgrades I think would be nice. I've been using my own distro for several months now (building it as I go) and that's one of the features from Puppy that I miss.

For that matter, I believe current Puppies can't handle mounting encrypted save-files when clicked on. I already patched the script once last year to add support for that, and I think it might have made it into 4.2, I can't remember. Regardless, it isn't there now. I'll do that again when I work on it as well.

gtarantino

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jul 2010, 01:43    Post subject: Suggestion: a package with comix
Subject description: I miss a package with comix, easy to install

I love to read comics, which are mostly cbr files and I couldn't run comix properly on puppy 5.01.
That would be a great improvement for me.
Thanks.
Dean

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jul 2010, 06:58    Post subject:  

Better support for dialup modems.
Sylvander

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jul 2010, 10:22    Post subject:  

I wish, I wish, I wish...
That just like when you use a pupsave on a Flash Drive...
A HDD install [frugal or full] would permit the user to [choose to] manually save DURING THE SESSION rather than auto-save.
And choose whether to save or not at shut-down.

Also see the post following that.
Page 14 of 23 [331 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Jump to: