eee-control in a .pet or .deb

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Flash858

eee-control in a .pet or .deb

#1 Post by Flash858 »

Does this exist, or was it made just for Pupeee?

I'd love to find it to crank my brightness in Lucid Puppy, as I just cannot get pupeee to play ogv videos...

Anyone?

Flash858

Oh...btw...

#2 Post by Flash858 »

I fyou have used eeeControl in Ubuntu, the one in pupeee has a setting for "ultra bright" that is not in the other. That is what I am trying to accomplish here...Sorry for the round-about question...

Flash858

Anyone?

#3 Post by Flash858 »

Anyone know if this can be extracted from Pupeee maybe?

jemimah

#4 Post by jemimah »

A lot of hardware specific code in Puppeee is kernel dependent, and also integrated with Pwireless2. You can't just copy the code, much of it would need to be rewritten.

Mu posted a Pet of ultrabright in the Eee thread that would probably work anywhere but you'd have to search for it.

You can probably play ogv videos in Puppeee if you install Shinobar's updated FFmpeg pet. Also there is Mplayer and VLC lite to try.

ken geometrics

Re: eee-control in a .pet or .deb

#5 Post by ken geometrics »

Flash858 wrote:Does this exist, or was it made just for Pupeee?

I'd love to find it to crank my brightness in Lucid Puppy, as I just cannot get pupeee to play ogv videos...

Anyone?
It would be very nice if the pupeee project made a pet, sfs or group of pets that did all the things needed for the eepc except the special kernal. I currently have puppy-4.31 running on my eepc with nothing added because I want it to work exactly th same as my desktop only smaller and slower.

I tried installing the same things onto pupeee but the keyspan USB serial did not work among other problems so I went back to 4.31. For now, this is how I am going to leave it.

jemimah

#6 Post by jemimah »

There are older versions of Eee control that were posted for 4.3.1. You just have to search for them.

There are stability issues on many Eee models with 4.3.1 that are unfixable without a custom kernel and newer Xorg.