Printer returns only a 2 pages code

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rcrsn51

#21 Post by rcrsn51 »

I'm glad you got it fixed and you will certainly find your USB 2.0 card useful. But there is one outstanding issue.

I mentioned about booting Puppy off the Live CD using the "puppy pfix=ram" option. The idea is to boot with a completely fresh setup and ignore any changes you made to the core files like /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstopdf. You claimed that you did that and still had the problem.

I suspect that whatever you tried didn't work and you actually booted in normal mode. The problem with an auto-configuration Puppy like Lupu is that you can't easily tell which mode you are in.

It would be worthwhile practicing how to boot in "safe mode" so you can do it successfully the next time you need it.

ukulele_lady

#22 Post by ukulele_lady »

I powered off my computer and restarted, booting it "normally" (I mean without the "puppy pfix=ram" option). The printer still works and since I am quite materialistic I haven't tried anything else yet.

I am not sure to understand everything in your last post, do you mean that I should restart and boot with "puppy pfix=ram" option? I guess that it will not print, but I don't understand what I should do (or deduce) after that...