Is there a Puppy with framebuffer support, for NEC laptop?

Booting, installing, newbie
riccardo

Is there a Puppy with framebuffer support, for NEC laptop?

#1 Post by riccardo »

My NEC laptop doesn't like Xvesa drivers and the display is useless! Has anyone built a version with alternate fb support please? It should just be a substitute of the one driver for the other I think.

Many thanks

riccardo
--
Richard Jenkins
Canberra, AUSTRALIA
++++++++++++++++

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I'm confused about what this means, but you could try here, here and maybe here.

riccardo

Framebuffer - Success!

#3 Post by riccardo »

Thanks for the information. I followed the link and downloaded the file. Then at the boot I typed '6' ... and it booted through to a working Xwindows! Now I can begin to use this program!!

riccardo
--
Richard Jenkins
Canberra, AUSTRALIA
++++++++++++++++

#4 Post by Guest »

Gald to see people search the forums before posting a question...

NOT

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#5 Post by nduanetesh »

Come on, Bladehunter. Go easy on the guy. You remember when you were a noob?

And besides, he's Australian, so maybe he was just having trouble with the language. :wink:

ND

PS, Seems awfully convenient that Bladehunter changed his own "location" info just recently...

#6 Post by Guest »

Hey, I've always lived in the gutter, that's never changed........Just the location of said gutter....

But hey there is a search function available for use........

But glad to see the iso worked

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

That's the spirit. At least Riccardo was considerate enough to let you know it worked. :) That's better than someone who searches the forum and tries out your download, but never reports if it worked or not for him.

I must say that forum search engines haven't done me much good, because so many people either don't put anything in the subject line or say something useless, like "help." That's why I edit the subject line of the first post of Puppy forum threads to more accurately indicate the topic of the thread, to help people who are searching the forum, either looking for questions to answer or answers to their questions.