Hiawatha 7.3 webserver

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
clarf

Hiawatha 7.3 webserver

#1 Post by clarf »

Hi everybody, Celebrating my 500TH post.

Here is my FULL Hiawatha 7.3 Webserver package, I compiled it for i386 architecture. Tested it in Puppy 2.16, 4.21, Dpup, Classic Pup 214X, etc.

Hiawatha an advanced and secure webserver

This Package contains:

- ttuuxxx GUI wrapper
- /etc/init.d/rc.hiawatha service script
- hiawatha.run script with some additional parameters to control hiawatha state (start, restart, stop and status).
- Fixed configuration file (look here for more information http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=01182
- PetGet Installation script to add webuser account in Puppy security files (this user is disabled by default and no additional changes are needed)
- All features enabled (File Cache, URL toolkit, SSL, IPv6 and XSLT)

Information:

To know configuration file location and also know if this file is OK. use:

Code: Select all

hiawatha -k
or

hiawatha.run check
In Puppy configuration file is in etc/hiawatha/hiawatha.conf, you should edit this file if you want to change the default port and interface number.

Haiwatha should listen for all active interfaces when it´s not explicitly given or commented http://www.hiawatha-webserver.org/howto/bindings

If needed, you can specify two interfaces to listen for new connections in hiawatha, use something like:

Code:

Binding {
   Port = 80
   Interface = 127.0.0.1
   Interface = 192.168.236.33
}

There´s a full configuration manual file in /root/Web-Server/hiawatha.html

Throubleshooting:

If hiawatha shows an error at boot "warning: error redirecting stdout". It´s fixed changing permissions to /dev/null file, just add write permissions for everybody.

Greetings,
clarf
Attachments
clarf-hiawatha-7.3-i386.pet
Hiawatha 7.3, an advanced and secure webserver. Full Package with Service script and ttuuxxx nice GUI.
(120.78 KiB) Downloaded 904 times

chrisadam23

haiwatha web server

#2 Post by chrisadam23 »

Hiawatha started in January 2002 as a very small webserver, suitable for servers with old hardware. It was written for internet servers in student houses in Delft. Because the author was a computer science student with special interest in IT security, all sorts of experimental security features were included. This resulted in a webserver with many interesting security features which have proved useful. The author has said "I know for a long time that vulnerabilities [exist in other webservers] . [One thing] that bothers me: the runtime of a CGI. A CGI process [under other webservers] can run forever. A single CGI script can DoS a webserver. A system administrator is needed to kill the script. And what about a client that keeps on guessing passwords for HTTP authentication? These kind of issues inspired me to create Hiawatha, with settings for maximum request sending time, maximum CGI run time, client banning, etc

the-jub

#3 Post by the-jub »

er ... no way clarf, nearly two years here + 300 D/L and not a single peep from anyone. this must be the best .pet ever!

any plans to do 8.4? I was thinking about making the 8.4 .pet me self but Ive only ever made one .pet so you'd probably be way better/faster at it....