Why need for CCE after accepting config at initial boot?

This is for bugs in a version of Puppy 5.x that is still under development. If you have bugs for a released version of Puppy, please post them in the forum's main Bugs section, not here. Bugs are when a program does not function as intended. Usability issues are not bugs.
B.K. Johnson

Why need for CCE after accepting config at initial boot?

#1 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Lucid 5.10 bypasses the Classic Configuration Experience(CCE) and invites me (the user) to assess the display and accept either what has been received or choose the CCE if it isn't acceptable. It's acceptable, I click OK to show that, then shut down the system, creating my personal lupusave.2fs. When I reboot I am unexpectedly confronted with the CCE menus. Can one of the principals (01Micko/playdayz/Barry) responsible for Lucid explain this anamoly and what should I do? This “straight to the desktop

ICPUG

#2 Post by ICPUG »

This sounds important. Can you post it in the main bugs list here.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=58630

More people will see the problem then.

playdayz

#3 Post by playdayz »

shut down the system, creating my personal lupusave.2fs. When I reboot I am unexpectedly confronted with the CCE menus.
We will need more info--and as icpug suggested you could post in the Bugs forum.

If you booted with a Live CD and then shut down and created the lupusave file--then Lucid Puppy 5.1 should reboot directly to the desktop. Is this the situation? Actually it automatically reconfigures itself each time you reboot--this is one advantage to booting directly to the desktop--you can change hardware easily. It automatically reconfigures itself each time, that is, unless you run the CCE. Another 'advantage' of booting directly to the desktop is that it gives two chances to get it right: the auto config and the CCE config are two different systems--in your case unfortunately it sounds like the auto config got it right and the CCE didn't.

If you could please describe how you booted Puppy we might be able to figure out why it malfunctioned. Thanks.

BTW, I just rebooted the Live CD, used it, and saved to a lupusve as I shutdown. i rebooted directly to the desktop--this has been repeatedly tested of course, so the assumption is that there was something unusual about your circumstance--which we need to figure out.