Ripping, converting wav to (32 kbps mono) mp3 with RipperX

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
bugman

#21 Post by bugman »

For whatever reason, neither of those 2 scripts worked. More excess args errors. Thanks everyone for giving it a go, I'm just going to listen to the music instead of fussing with it.

I know there's probably another thread for this sort of thing, but one of the very few Windows programs I'm longing for at the moment is called RazorLame, and I think you can guess what it does...

MU

#22 Post by MU »

Now if I can only figure out how to extract the titles and artists into an .inf file, I could also have cd text!!
this looks interesting:
http://www.ibiblio.org/mp3info/

MU

#23 Post by MU »

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#24 Post by Flash »

Hey, that looks like a possibe solution to the problem of cataloging my mp3 books, except I need to adjust the rank of the fields (I want the Artist/Author most important, followed by the Album/Book. The track info is unimportant for audio books.) Also I'd need to add new Genres.

MU

#25 Post by MU »

gmp3info is intended to modify the entries IN the .mp3-file.

If you want to get these informations to be used in a database, you would need to write a script, that uses the comandlineversion (mp3info).

The Help-page explains, what parameters you have to add, to extract single fields from the ID3-tags (the text in the mp3).

So you could write such a script (just structure, not executable):

Code: Select all

for each mp3file in thisfolder
 values = mp3info mp3file -autor -title -album
 echo values >> database.txt
end for
If you would write the script so, that it creates CSV (Comma Seperated Values), then you could import the database.txt to gnumeric or OpenOffice Calc:
Jackson Michael;Thriller;Greatest Hits

I'm currently too tired to write that.
But if you find out the corrected syntax for mp3info and tell me, how an example-CSV should look like, I could write a small Puppybasic-program tomorrow.

Mark

trapster

#26 Post by trapster »

This is the .inf file that cdroast creates in the directory of the mp3 or wav that you're burning with cdtext. The only problem is I usually have to type everything into cdroast for the text.

#
# X-CD-Roast 0.98alpha15 - INF-File
# created: Mon Mar 6 17:38:31 2006
# by: root@puppypc
#
file = "/mnt/home/music/mp3/Metallica_-_Turn_The_Page.wav"
title = "Turn the Page"
artist = "Metallica"

I believe this is for tao only which is only what I have tried. I think I read somewhere that dao uses a table of contents or something.

It would be nice to have a script that would create the .inf file for each song for the cdtext.

It would be ideal to pick your songs from an .mp3 directory and have it convert/burn/include the cdtext all at once.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog