Drive icons dissapear

Please post any bugs you have found
bigpup

Drive icons dissapear

#1 Post by bigpup »

Drive icons lower left side of desktop.

It seems that if one right clicks on a drive icon, very often the mouse pointer ends up on the remove item(s) menu selection by default. If the right click is a rapid click, which I am accustomed to doing from using windows, the effect will be to cause the drive icon to disappear! This would not happen if remove item(s) were the first or the last selection on the menu. As it is, a slight flick of the wrist could cause a very annoying problem.
Is it possible to change the order of the menu items so this does not happen again?
PS I am using Puppy Lucid version 5.1

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

Setup icon ( wizardwizard ) > Change the mouse and keyboard > Choose type of mouse

is missing the possibillity to adjust the mouse clicking speed

personally had no problems with the drive icons but with file (rox) icon openig several windows at once :)

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

I get around that drive icon disappearance problem by using an apple trick of just holding down the right mouse button when selecting the icon and scrolling to the selection I want and releasing it.
When I forget this on occasion, restarting X brings the missing icon back.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#4 Post by Béèm »

Or you can run the puppy event manager to redraw the icons.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

a rapid click
No, I think the problem is that your click is too slow, not too fast. You're holding the button down long enough that the context menu comes up before you have released it.
Is it possible to change the order of the menu items so this does not happen again?
Not without patching and recompiling rox I don't think, although that shouldn't be too difficult. Or maybe you could patch rox so that you need to click on things in the context menu with the left button, not the right one. But I think the best solution would be a patch so that the menu doesn't come up until you release the button.
Setup icon ( wizardwizard ) > Change the mouse and keyboard > Choose type of mouse

is missing the possibillity to adjust the mouse clicking speed
That's because different programs use different settings for the double-click speed. See http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=51100
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER