PyKaraoke with Puppy Linux

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
askanthea

#1 Post by askanthea »

Hello, Ive got this working with debian, and working in windows fine, but i'd like it working with Puppy. I've been using 4.11 for ages, and yesturday downloaded Lupu5.10 - and thought to myself, I know - ill have another go at trying to get PyKaraoke working..... again...... nope.

Has anybody tried this? Looking on the forum, theres been attempts in the past, with someone making the .pet but it doesnt find all the dependencies and ive tried downloading lots of different things again and again, nope - and i dont know whats its struggling with - pygame??

Can someone else have a try and see if they can get it going? cos it we can, then we can have a live distro of linux that will play mp3+g without an install - woooooo - very handy i think :-)

cheers if someone can help and i am a bit of a retard, so i think step-by step instructions might be in order -

Cheers PLEASE... if anyone is up to the challenge.

Andy x

askanthea

#2 Post by askanthea »

19 views and nobodys got any idea??

hmmm

right - back to the puppy tutorials then here i go, wish me luck! lol

Andy
x

askanthea

#3 Post by askanthea »

19 views and nobodys got any idea??

hmmm

right - back to the puppy tutorials then here i go, wish me luck! lol

Andy
x

askanthea

#4 Post by askanthea »

3hrs later and still nothing. nope. not even a tickle - i tried with the debian installers too, and all dependencies and still nowt.

Andy x

askanthea

#5 Post by askanthea »

the java media player works and plays karaoke fine, but not from zips - only has one dependency, installed and presto - karaoke.

typical. its not pykaraoke though.

Andy
x

askanthea

#6 Post by askanthea »

Almost there. got it ALMOST going, now theres a problem with pygame - ive download pygame1.8.1 i think i need an older one.

Andyx

askanthea

#7 Post by askanthea »

DONE IT!!!

Now if i could ever do it again??? lol

Ill try to write it all down again as i did it??

there is loads to install, dependencies etc, but it was all working apart from the mp3 playback i think which was resolved with the sdl-1.2.13 sdl_image-1.2.6 and sdl_mixer-1.2.8 phew - now where the files came from on the net, ive got no idea - only too me 6 hrs to do! lol!

Andy x

askanthea

#8 Post by askanthea »

Okies here we go.

Run the live distro Lupu 5.10

install dependencies:

python-2.5.2.pet
pygame-1.8.1release-i486.pet
wxpython-2.8.7.1.pet
libmspack-20060924.pet
libpng_apng-1.2.35-i486-uj.pet
Sdl-1.2.13-Muppy0084.pet
SDL_image-1.2.6-i386.pet
SDL_mixer-1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg.pet

and finally install
pykaraoke-0.7.3-i486.pet

Now where you find these files, I found them all today in and out and around the net.

Andy x

NB: this plays the mp3+g karaoke files from zips or the .cgd .mp3 files - to get .kar and .mid support them install timidity - but i dont use it so im not bothering getting that to work, someone else can have the joys of that! lol

Happy SINGING

linuxsansdisquedur

#9 Post by linuxsansdisquedur »

for .mid and .kar just install timidity :D from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 19&t=32611
and run timidity -int
nothing better like midi music 8)
le max avec le min

askanthea

#10 Post by askanthea »

my first live iso is 180mb - next week to add timidity and then slim it all down. x