Non intelligent artificial language learner

Mathematical tools, physics simulators, CAD, CNC, etc.
sickgut

Non intelligent artificial language learner

#1 Post by sickgut »

http://www.thepussycatforest.info/linux ... 7_i386.deb

the above works on LUPU puppy 5 series just fine, if you wanna run it on a 4 series then get ready for dependancy hell, it is possible like i have it on my 4.2 but i couldnt shoehorn it onto puppeee version 1 no matter what i tried.

NIALL is an old concept that was originally made in 1995 on a AMIGA 500, i used it myself back then and its cool. I recently discovered it for the PC and have been using it and trying to make the most evil computer AI i can. This PC version is a little layme as it doesnt actually speak like the old amiga one did, just displays the text.

NIALL learn language(s) by analyzing what the order of the words are and applying certain mathmatical formula.

Have fun
sickgut

aarf

#2 Post by aarf »

Puppeee has a text to voice "flite speech synthesizer". perhaps you can link them together in lupu.

amigo

#3 Post by amigo »

You might want to try the ainebot chatbot, which I now maintain. There is an older version here on the forum, made into an AppDir:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 59&t=23158

I haven't uploaded any of the new releases of ainebot I have created, as I've just been granted maintainership of it and am preparing the docs, etc for the first official release.

ainebot has *no* dependencies besides glibc. It also starts faster and uses less RAM than any other chatbot. I'm doing some critical work on the internals to make it a more powerful language processor to make it more suitable as a 'shell' for robots, etc.

I use ainebot and pipe the output through flite, but there may be an internal inetface to flite in the works.

flite has been updated recently to version 1.4 and now comes with several voices instead of just one, and the voice can be chosen at runtime. the female voice is the best one.

aarf

#4 Post by aarf »

amigo, I may have said this before and if i havent i meant to. The one man band, big bang approach is at the mercy of life in general. Your contribution if it circumbs to life as has happened to others so often in the past, it will be a major loss. Linux is frequent small step releases. Please organise your works into this pattern as soon as possible..
Thank you for listening.

amigo

#5 Post by amigo »

aarf, I know all about release cycles. I always try to make each release understandable(through diffs) by sticking to just a few changes per release. In this case, I had already produced several un-released versions with individual feature/fix patch sets. Before getting around to making them available for others, I had contact with the former maintainer and negotiated taking over as maintainer. In order to bets do that, I then needed to change lots of docs to update contact adresses, etc.
You can see a good example of my release 'habits' here:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... g/pasture/

aarf

#6 Post by aarf »

amigo. what i am really fretting about is puppy for ARM. just a peek at a work in progress not necessarily functional, would be so very nice to have somewhere online.

amigo

#7 Post by amigo »

Unfortunately I have not done anymore on any ports -I don't code much over the (Northern Hemisphere) Summer. And I really have my plate full all the time when I do code.

big_bass is the one who is mostly on the right track and will come up with the best way of producing a reproducible Puppy which can be constructed/deconstructed at will -not least because he is using my src2pkg to do the heavy lifting - or rather the tedious part of the work. I still don't have ARM hardware either.

Using the ARM port of slackware or any other distro -like debian to just install a working devel environment, and then using src2pkg to create all the packages,like Joe does. Then assemble into a final product. Having individual upgradeable packages is the only way to build something maintainable.

sickgut

ARM

#8 Post by sickgut »

There is already alot of debian ARM packages and an ARM version of debian. I think the easiest way to get a decent distro on ARM is to use that.