Reconfigure on every bootup?

Booting, installing, newbie
doninwny

Reconfigure on every bootup?

#1 Post by doninwny »

Ok, NTFS file system on WinXP pc, I've downloaded the pup001.zip file, installed it to C:\. However, every time I boot from my LiveCD, I go through the keyboard, mouse, and display settings. Isn't all this supposed to be saved? Did I do something wrong?

stlchuck

Puppy's save file

#2 Post by stlchuck »

Depending on which flavor of puppy you are booting the save file might not be designated pup001 - for example both Empty Crust and Simple Pup use pupMINI for this and I believe that Grafpup uses something else - pup100 maybe? Check to find out what the save file is called in your version and if necessary go into Windows using My Computer> Drive C and click on the pup001 file and rename it to match your needs. I've kept save files for both Empty Crust and Simple Pup on the same drive and simply renamed the one I'm not currently using. Ex. - pupMINI-EC for Empty Crust when I'm running Simple Pup or pupMINI-SP for Simple Pup when I need to use Empty Crust with the one I'm using reverting back to being a straight pupMINI file. This renaming dodge is also handy if you want to try out a new version of Puppy without chancing losing/messing up your current configuration. Hope this helps.