libyahoo2 - A C library for Yahoo! Messenger

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Michalis

libyahoo2 - A C library for Yahoo! Messenger

#1 Post by Michalis »

libyahoo2 is a C library interface to the new Yahoo! Messenger protocol. It supports major features of the protocol.

Feature list
Messaging:
Sending messages (UTF-8 supported)
Send typing notification
Buddy list management:
Add buddies
Remove buddies
Change buddy group
Ignore buddy
Unignore buddy
Reject buddy
Buddy status updates
Group renaming
Yahoo Address book support
Changing Status:
Regular status messages
Custom away/non-away status messages

Conferencing:
Create new conference
Join existing conference
Invite members to join existing conference
Decline joining a conference
Leave a conference
Send message to conference
Webcam support
Support for viewing other people's webcams
Support for broadcasting webcam images

File Transfer:
Send file via Yahoo file transfer server
Receive files via Yahoo file transfer server
Receive files directly from another client
Mail Notification
Identities
Activate/Deactivate an identity
Send messages from a particular identity
Conferencing with a particular identity

libyahoo2 does not yet have support for Voice messages, nor for IMvironments.

I've made 2 packages, one containing the necessary library and one containing all the development files. Most people you'll only need the libyahoo2-1.0.1-i486.pet
Attachments
libyahoo2-1.0.1-i486.pet
libyahoo2 156K extracted
(65.51 KiB) Downloaded 814 times
libyahoo2_DEV-1.0.1-i486.pet
libyahoo2 development files 256K extracted
(79.96 KiB) Downloaded 705 times

technosaurus

#2 Post by technosaurus »

to restore the old behavior to ayttm (and thus get a smaller yahoo plugin), you can compile with these options enabled --enable-static --disable-shared --with-pic
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

oui

#3 Post by oui »

Hi Michalis

for y/info

both new packages (ayttm 0.6.3-1) and this one continue don't to work with yahoo messenger in Quirky 1.2.

in all cases, I thank you for your reaction and your efforts.

bye

Michalis

#4 Post by Michalis »

oui wrote:both new packages (ayttm 0.6.3-1) and this one continue don't to work with yahoo messenger in Quirky 1.2.
First of all libyahoo2 is only an add on library that is being used from ayttm and other programs. So in order to connect to yahoo you must use ayttm.

I checked and it crashed to me too so I'll report it to the dveloper. Actually both libyahoo2 and libenchant segfault even that they both compile fine :?

Also keep in mind that I'm only packaging the program, I'm not coding or developing it. Thous if it's not working the best thing you can do is fill a bug report at ayttm tracker and definitely siddheshp will help you track down the problem.

technosaurus

#5 Post by technosaurus »

the enchant bug should be fixed in svn now it was segfaulting if it couldn't find a dictionary.... not sure about yahoo - it could be ssl related
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Michalis

#6 Post by Michalis »

technosaurus wrote:the enchant bug should be fixed in svn now it was segfaulting if it couldn't find a dictionary.... not sure about yahoo - it could be ssl related
This one it is fixed from the previous version and it was affecting no english puppies.

The new one has a problem with a path not defined, it doesn't seem to be very serious as ayttm works anyway but in console it prompts that can't find it or something like that (I'm not posting from my pc now and can't see it). The problem of segfault it appears when I call the library for example when I type in the terminal:
/usr/lib/enchant/libenchant.so -v
I'll compile it again with the version from svn and will check it.

As for libyahoo2 is also being developed by siddheshp so I believe we will get to the problem soon. I don't think it is ssl related since that problem existed in the previous version and now it is fixed, or at least it's supposed to :roll:

By the way next release I'll build it static