Laptop Mode Tools

For drivers and kernel modules.
dr-kart

Laptop Mode Tools

#1 Post by dr-kart »

is possible to use Laptop Mode Tools {http://freshmeat.net/projects/laptop-mode-tools} in Puppy?
Please explain?

pemasu

#2 Post by pemasu »

I dont know if anybody has tested. They are in ubuntu repo. If you use Lucid Puppy, you could install the package laptop-mode-tools from PPM. I recommend to create dedicated save file for experiment first. There is quite a lot of scripts included in laptop-mode-tools and probably you need to do manual adjustment also. Also to get them working automatically from bootup might need manual editing and creating of symlinks.

dr-kart

#3 Post by dr-kart »

Now I'm on Debian Puppy (dpup-004). It is the only distro which works normal on battery so far. The other ones (incl. mint9, ubuntu10.04, puppy 5.1 & 5.1.1) got my laptop freezed in some 10 sec. while on battery. That's why I am interesting in Laptop Mode Tools. Only dpup lets to work on battery "out of the box".
But I did try to install LMT via PPM. It was from Debian repo and it was as fresh as v.1.55-1. But I couldn't install it. Don't know why.

dr-kart

#4 Post by dr-kart »

My ASUS X51R NO LONGER gets freezed on battery!
I DID SOLVE the problem with just updating laptop's bios from v.207 to latest v.209.