Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:18
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
History Of A War Against Software Complexity
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Aitch

PostPosted: Tue 05 Oct 2010, 16:52    Post subject:  History Of A War Against Software Complexity  

I have recently been made aware of work done to modularise software development
I have been given permission by the developer to provide a link here to his website

Hans van Leunen wrote:
Please, create those links. However, be aware I wrote all that source code in C#. Together with the dot net software generation tools I found it a slightly better software generation environment than Java. But that is a personal choice.
In a later project I cultivated the tools that I used to generate huge software applications such that my data handling occured far more effeciently than before. I integrated file handling, database handling, data communication and data publication in an object oriented way. It required extending the C# language via attributes. This methodology is also described at my website. A similar approach must be possible in Java. The corresponding class libs are also free accessible on my website.

Hans van Leunen wrote:
"The trend to software components that can be expected will finally result in a successful technology. This technology will provide the high degree of reuse that the World is waiting for."

Hans van Leunen wrote:
The modules market is very democratic. Everybody that owns an appropriate modules development system can participate and fill a niche of the modules market. The modules market is a good replacement of the market for open source software. It has the advantage that the module developers can earn money for the intellectual property that they invested in the design and construction of the module. Still the products stay very affordable. In contrast the open source software community is non-democratic. In many cases the community forbids the contributing software developers to earn money from their intellectual property investments.

Sounds like a bit of a challenge!
I hope some of Puppy's devs/programmers, will take a look and see what ideas if any can be utilised by/with Puppy's open source development

http://www.scitech.nl/

Select English/Dutch to taste, to see Documents and presentations

Original article source

http://www.science20.com/quaternion_waltz/history_war_against_software_complexity#comment-50475

Note: Probably not for beginners

Comments welcome

Aitch Smile
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
Jump to: