Sound changes going from 107 to 108r1

Booting, installing, newbie
papakanush

Sound changes going from 107 to 108r1

#1 Post by papakanush »

Granted, As newbie to linux and puppy, This problem is probably due to my own ignorance, but in an effort to understand what is going on, and therefore, understand puppy linux a little better, I am wondering if anyone can help with a small problem that I have found. I am now happily using puppy 107 on my IBM thinkpad R40 laptop, with a pup001 file located on my NTFS drive. Sound, everything, works great. Puppy is very fast, and very happy with it. ( I am writing from that now). Just to try out the new revision 108 and later 108r1, I found that the sound worked with 108, but the help didn't. Later, when I tried 108r1, the help was there, but now the sound doesn't work.

Like I said, I like the way the existing puppy 107 is working, but would just like to understand what has changed, and what may be an issue when I want to use future updated versions.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I think Barry switched to ALSA in 1.0.8r1 for the sound. In Puppy2 alpha there is an ALSA configuration wizard if you click on the "Setup" icon on the desktop. I don't remember if 1.0.8r1 had such a wizard. If not, try running alsaconfig from the command line.