Success porting Openshot video editor to puppy.

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
smil99

#41 Post by smil99 »

Yes, I am able to do all that here. Check the screenshots attached. If you don't mind, I can upload the needed libs so that you can test them. I bet the original ones might have been overwritten by new ones probably from other programs you installed later. I encountered the same situation when I installed gimp (lupu version). libx264 got overwritten and I had to revert back to my original one before openshot could start.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Cheers.
Attachments
testing mp4 export2.png
(110.51 KiB) Downloaded 940 times
testing mp4 export1.png
(145.92 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

aarf

#42 Post by aarf »

strange. initial testing and mp4 fail was done before any other pet installations took place. I'll take a further deeper look now that i know mp4 should happen. i'll search and replace things or redo it. not now though sometime later. thanks for taking a look.

aarf

#43 Post by aarf »

haven't yet had a look at the mp4 issue here, but have had success with transcoder in puppeeerc7 here converted mpeg to flv to mp4.
but it didnt solve the size issue as i was hoping the conversion might do. must need to tweak other thing besides format. still experimenting.

aarf

#44 Post by aarf »

still with the original faulty install i find i am able to export mp4 by choosing mp2 audio codec in the advanced tab.
transcorder installed in lupu500 does some things but not others. ttuxxx says he will do 28kb compatible versions of transcoder if asked. see transcoder thread above.
i have what i need so will not continue testing the problem of variant elusive libmp3lame.
it also seems i should be aiming at ogg and ditching mp4 to be PC.

aarf

#45 Post by aarf »

tell me if this happens for you too.
import mp4, put it in a track, export to ogg theora. fine no problem.
then import the ogg theora to a new workspace put it in a track then export it to ogg theora or even just preview it. does it produce a multicolored pixilated screen that changes i.e, not your original video images at all.

smil99

#46 Post by smil99 »

then import the ogg theora to a new workspace put it in a track then export it to ogg theora or even just preview it. does it produce a multicolored pixilated screen that changes i.e, not your original video images at all.
I did all that but there was no problem playing back, previewing or re-exporting ogg theora files.Obviously, something must be wrong at your end. Nevertheless, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Cheers.

aarf

#47 Post by aarf »

smil99 wrote:
I did all that but there was no problem playing back, previewing or re-exporting ogg theora files.Obviously, something must be wrong at your end. Nevertheless, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Cheers.

thanks smill99. something strange going on. going to look in the openshot forum for ideas and tips.

enhu

#48 Post by enhu »

has anyone made it to work in lucid pup ?

neurino

#49 Post by neurino »

I'm using Wary 030, but guess it's the same in Quirky, and the devx sfs ships python 2.6.4.

Wouldn't be possible to have it compiled for that version of python rather than 2.5.2?

Also an openshot SFS to work along with devx one would be a good thing since the use of a Video editor is not in a dayly basis (nor weekly) for most users.

Tips?

smil99

#50 Post by smil99 »

enhu writes:
has anyone made it to work in lucid pup?
Yes, it works fairly well in Lucid Puppy. You can now download it from Puppy Linux News

This includes all the dependencies so you don't need to add anything from here.

Cheers.

smil99

Openshot-1.2.2 available for luci-233

#51 Post by smil99 »

Openshot-1.2.2 is now available for luci-maverick testing series. Might also work in luci 5.1 final version.

Download from here:
Openshot-1.2.2-Lucid.pet

Although this version is supposed to hook up with an installed Blender-2.54 for the new 3D-animation titles rendering, I couldn't make it work. Other than that, it works quite well.

Note:
Below is the error I reported in the Openshot forum and the reply I got from Jonathan, the developer of Openshot.
# openshot
Added /usr/share/openshot to system path
--------------------------------
OpenShot (version 1.2.2)
--------------------------------
Process no longer exists: 19431. Creating new pid lock file.
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
state saved
on_mnu3dTitle_activate called with self.GtkImageMenuItem
on_treeTemplates_button_release_event
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/openshot/windows/BlenderGenerator.py", line 229, in on_treeTemplates_button_release_event
self.params[param.name] = [color.red_float, color.green_float, color.blue_float]
AttributeError: 'gtk.gdk.Color' object has no attribute 'red_float'
on_btnRender_clicked
Done with Render() method
Jonathan's response:
@smil99,
That error is caused by using an older version of pyGTK / GTK. This was the same error I got while trying to test on Ubuntu 9.04. To use version 1.2.2 (with the Blender integration) you must have GTK version 2.18 or greater.

Thanks,
-Jonathan.
Any clues about the GTK error?

Cheers.

disciple

#52 Post by disciple »

What do you mean "any clues"? He told you that you need a newer GTK.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

smil99

#53 Post by smil99 »

@disciple
What do you mean "any clues"? He told you that you need a newer GTK
Yes. I mean how do we implement a newer GTK (or parts thereof) in puppy so as to overcome this problem?
Sorry my earlier post wasn't explicit enough.

Cheers.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#54 Post by Lobster »

Openshot-1.2.2 is now available for luci-maverick testing series.
Thanks smil99, that is where I am using it with enjoyment.

Openshot is not yet completely stable but very easy to use.

A cheap portable video camera and some time editing . . .
and you have your own film making resources
http://www.youtube.com/user/crustylobster
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

disciple

#55 Post by disciple »

smil99 wrote:@disciple
What do you mean "any clues"? He told you that you need a newer GTK
Yes. I mean how do we implement a newer GTK (or parts thereof) in puppy so as to overcome this problem?
Sorry my earlier post wasn't explicit enough.

Cheers.
Sorry, no. You're using "luci-maverick". I don't know exactly what that means, but I imagine it does have a new enough GTK. So you probably need a newer Py-GTK, which was his other suggestion. See if you can find a newer version on the forum; I think I saw a reasonably recent .pet. Or maybe try a package from Ubuntu or whatever it is that luci-maverick is based on.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

smil99

#56 Post by smil99 »

So you probably need a newer Py-GTK
Exactly. I am still searching. One thing though, Openshot is very sensitive to changes in these py files. I tried changing the one I bundled with the Openshot pet and it opened up many new cans of worms like requesting for newer versions of ffmpeg and its associated libs. So I had to revert back to what works for now.
You're using "luci-maverick". I don't know exactly what that means
It is the same luci-233 under testing now. It is indeed interesting how we are still sticking to the name "Luci or lupu" whilst luci-233 is based mostly on Ubuntu Maverick binaries.
Perhaps "Mapu" sounds more appropriate.
Just a thought.

Cheers.

l0wt3ch

#57 Post by l0wt3ch »

Congratulations getting the new OpenShot working. I was messing with it a bit, and it wasn't working for me then. I'll have to try it out.

mama21mama

Re: Openshot-1.2.2 available for luci-233

#58 Post by mama21mama »

smil99 wrote:Openshot-1.2.2 is now available for luci-maverick testing series. Might also work in luci 5.1 final version.

Download from here:
Openshot-1.2.2-Lucid.pet
Gracias

smil99

Openshot-1.3 is out

#59 Post by smil99 »

Openshot 1.3 is out and it is working at my end in luci252. I made some modifications to /usr/share/openshot/windows/BlenderGenerator.py (from line 285) and /usr/share/openshot/windows/MainGTK.py (from line 1466) and Openshot now seems to work ok. These were done so as to have Blender work seamlessly with Openshot. You may therefore hook it up with Blender2.56 if you want 3D titles.

Give it a spin and let me know how it goes.

Openshot-1.3
Install this new python also:
Python2.6

Note: This has been tested only in luci252.
Cheers.

nilsbird

Python library files missing

#60 Post by nilsbird »

Downloaded python from pet package manager. How do I update the python library files that are missing?

Nilsbird