TinyLogout-1.2

Miscellaneous tools
WarMocK

TinyLogout-1.2

#1 Post by WarMocK »

I always wanted to have a neat and good-looking logout window for my desktop, and since there was no good stand-alone version available - well - I wrote one myself. :D
TinyLogout is a simple GTK-based, frameless window written in C++ which provides several ways to end your current desktop session:

- lock the screen
- exit to the commandline
- Suspend to RAM (requires acpitools)
- Suspend to disk (requires acpitools, not working yet)
- reboot
- shutdown

Eventually I'll add a "switch user" option as well

By the way: the source code is included, under /usr/local/logout.
In order to start the screen, type "logoutwindow" (it's a symlink to /usr/local/logout/logout).
The pictures below show the window with different gtk themes. By default, logoutwindow is designed for dark themes. If you are using a bright theme you can replace the icons and the bars located in /usr/local/logout/icons. That directory also contains the xcf version of the top bar so you can modify it at will. Do not forget to make a backup of the icons before you replace them. ;-)
That said: have fun with it!

UPDATE:
This will be the final version for a while, as it already does what I wanted it to do. The section menu for the advanced controls now constantly appears right under the selection button. Also, I now officially gave this little application a proper name: TinyLogout. :D
Attachments
logoutscreen2.png
(90.42 KiB) Downloaded 921 times
logoutscreen3.png
(75.9 KiB) Downloaded 979 times
TinyLogout-1.2.pet
(40.58 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Last edited by WarMocK on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 14:48, edited 4 times in total.

WarMocK

#2 Post by WarMocK »

UPDATE:

v. 1.2:
I added a few primitive tooltips to tell people what the buttons are actually doing (you can never make an application too idio- err userfriendly ;-)).
Last edited by WarMocK on Sun 12 Dec 2010, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

grimoire

#3 Post by grimoire »

the common logout screen, anyway it's very useful I hope this one works in openbox, well done warmock :)

WarMocK

#4 Post by WarMocK »

grimoire wrote:the common logout screen, anyway it's very useful I hope this one works in openbox, well done warmock :)
openbox
fluxbox
metacity
jwm
yeahwm

The ones named above are the ones I tested the logout window on. Anything that uses wmreboot, wmpoweroff, and wmexit can use this application (according to dejan555, the only one where this doesn't work is xfce).

harii4

#5 Post by harii4 »

could not get it to shutdown yeahwm on 2.14x classic but it works on dpup nicely.
looks nice.
but wmpoweroff is having some problems as well in 2.14.
its my test box - might be something i did. :D
Last edited by harii4 on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

battleshooter

#6 Post by battleshooter »

Wow, it looks awesome as. Great to have another shutdown option and it's excellent to have something so cool looking in Puppy :P. Thanks WarMocK.

Battleshooter
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94580]LMMS 1.0.2[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94593]Ardour 3.5.389[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94629]Kdenlive 0.9.8[/url]

noryb009

#7 Post by noryb009 »

It looks great! The only thing is some people (including me) will get confused, and would rather text on the button then on a tooltip.

Great job, though!

WarMocK

#8 Post by WarMocK »

Updated to newest version, see main post.
Changes were minor, so I didn't give it a new version number at this point. Any further changes will most likely result in version 2.0 ;-)