CF-73 Toughbook Touchscreen Driver (alleged)

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
biker_rat

CF-73 Toughbook Touchscreen Driver (alleged)

#1 Post by biker_rat »

There is an old touchscreen driver tarball posted on sourceforge called toughbooksmk.tgz. Allegedly it is a mostly working driver for the serial smk touchscreen that my CF-73 toughbook (which i am typing on) uses. However, I can't get it to compile. If someone could alter it or give me some help to compile it (in any linux 26 environment I can readily install). I would test it on this laptop, report back, and maybe one more crappy old laptop model would fully linux supported. I tried compiling it with slackware 13.1 12.0 & 11.0. The kernel patch seems a closer match to the slackware 12 kernel 2.6.21.5 (slackware seems the simplest linux so when I mess around ...), but it fails with different errors each time.

amigo

#2 Post by amigo »

Are you sure that the driver is not now included in the kernel sources? If not, it may be a little tough to get working with kernel versions greater than 2.6.26.xx. From 2.6.26 to 2.6.27 many basic internals changed which require 'porting' of older patches.

biker_rat

don't see this driver in 2.6.36 sources

#3 Post by biker_rat »

Even making it work on a <2.6.27 kernel would be great.