Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Nov 2014, 14:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Desktop
LXDE Light for Lupu
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Author Message
jogreer

Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct 2010, 07:07    Post subject: Shutdown button in LXDE
Subject description: Shutdown doesn't work, it restarts instead
 

Hi. I've been using LXDE Light for a while now and it is amazing. I have two issues though:

firstly how do I create shortcuts with Win+keys without adding icons to the desktop and linking to keyboard shortcuts?

secondly how do I fix the shutdown button so it doesn't reboot the computer but actually shuts the computer off?

Thanks Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
disciple

Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 6458
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu 28 Oct 2010, 00:22    Post subject:  

Quote:
I like the default puppy monitors, I don't like the newer freememory applet although, The numbers for memory were nicer

I'm with you on those two points Ttuuxxx Wink

_________________
DEATH TO SPREADSHEETS
- - -
Classic Puppy quotes
- - -
Beware the demented serfers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
abushcrafter


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 1447
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri 29 Oct 2010, 18:48    Post subject: Re: Shutdown button in LXDE
Subject description: Shutdown doesn't work, it restarts instead
 

jogreer wrote:
Hi. I've been using LXDE Light for a while now and it is amazing. I have two issues though:

firstly how do I create shortcuts with Win+keys without adding icons to the desktop and linking to keyboard shortcuts?

secondly how do I fix the shutdown button so it doesn't reboot the computer but actually shuts the computer off?

Thanks Smile
You can enable the win keys by setting you keyboard model to "pc104". You can do this by using this: Menu>Setup>Mouse/Keyboard Wizard>Advanced...>OK>Keyboard Model
_________________
adobe flash is rubbish!
My Quote:"Humans are stupid, though some are clever but stupid." http://www.dependent.de/media/audio/mp3/System_Syn_Heres_to_You.zip http://www.systemsyn.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10843
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct 2010, 04:28    Post subject:  

here's the resources of LXpanel and Metacity take, I compiled it on 2.14X and have all regular newer puppy taskbar applets running Smile
ttuuxxx
lxde.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  lxde.jpg 
Filesize  81.6 KB 
Downloaded  464 Time(s) 
lxpanel.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   107.06 KB
 Viewed   1901 Time(s)

lxpanel.jpg


_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
abushcrafter


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 1447
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon 01 Nov 2010, 10:33    Post subject: Re: Shutdown button in LXDE
Subject description: Shutdown doesn't work, it restarts instead
 

abushcrafter wrote:
jogreer wrote:
Hi. I've been using LXDE Light for a while now and it is amazing. I have two issues though:

firstly how do I create shortcuts with Win+keys without adding icons to the desktop and linking to keyboard shortcuts?

secondly how do I fix the shutdown button so it doesn't reboot the computer but actually shuts the computer off?

Thanks Smile
You can enable the win keys by setting you keyboard model to "pc104". You can do this by using this: Menu>Setup>Mouse/Keyboard Wizard>Advanced...>OK>Keyboard Model
BTW the win key is then set as Hyper modifier key , so not Meta modifier key or Super modifier key.
_________________
adobe flash is rubbish!
My Quote:"Humans are stupid, though some are clever but stupid." http://www.dependent.de/media/audio/mp3/System_Syn_Heres_to_You.zip http://www.systemsyn.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
grimoire


Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:25    Post subject: Re: Shutdown button in LXDE
Subject description: Shutdown doesn't work, it restarts instead
 

Hi! I've just downloaded your lxde pet, and I can't find the menu(documents, graphics, etc.) when I press right-click Sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
bluman

Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon 22 Nov 2010, 14:38    Post subject:  

Hey!

I've got a few questions...

Firstly, I'd like to know if there is a menu refresh script because when I install an app, the menus don't get updated(the JWM's menu gets updated), even after a reboot.

Secondly, do you plan to make a full version of this? I mean to make a full replacement of ROX to use it with this WM.

Thanks,
Paul Herman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Desktop
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0582s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0045s) ][ GZIP on ]